cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM - a never ending nightmare of incompetence, broken promises and endless frustration

FedUpCustomer6
Dialled in

When a company takes your money despite not providing any service, constantly promises to fix the problem then reneges on the promises time and time again, sends you from pillar to post hour after hour on the phone, promises a refund then denies making that promise, then it turns out the refund breeches OFCOM regulations.... What would you call that?

I know what I call it but not sure my language would be allowed here.

To try to end this nightmare I have now made a data subject access request for the period 1/2/22 to now:

all webchat transcriptions

all call recordings

all emails sent from VM to me 

my entire complaint history

all contact history (account notes) etc etc 

Perhaps once I provide VM with the evidence they already hold but seem unable to verify they will no longer be in a position to frustrate me any further. 

VM - worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I will be sure to recommend anyone to avoid ever using VM.

13 REPLIES 13

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced FedUpCustomer6,

From checking our side I can see that you're currently being responded to in another thread.

To avoid confusion I'll allow our team to respond via that thread.

Take care,

Kain

I am indeed also being "responded to" via private messaging. Which I guess is VM's ingenious way of hiding the frustrating, endless back and forth under the excuse of keeping account information private. What good is any of it doing? None whatsoever thus far, but I am determined not to allow VM to grind me down, which seems to be your main goal with customers. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration this may have caused,

Rest assured that our team are not trying to avoid this.

Hopefully we can get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Kain

This all sounds very familiar, been a nightmare being passed from one dept to another, promised to get back in contact and then nothing.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Fedupcustomer6, 

I am sorry and I can understand your frustration, we will do our best to assist you over PM. 

Thanks,

Zoie

Nothing is happening via PM. Which seems standard for VM customer service. Yes you can send messages promising to do things but never actually do anything it seems.  Please put an end to this farce.

The only communication I'm getting from VM is unwanted calls to upgrade despite the fact I've left VM and am just waiting for you to deal with a refund.

In February I reported my Broadband was up the spout. It then died completely and today (months later) I get an email from you saying:

"We’re really sorry to say we’ve been unable to confirm if your Virgin Media Hub is receiving speeds that fall below your Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed for 3 successive days. We’ve stopped monitoring the speed to your Virgin Media Hub and, as a gesture of goodwill, we’d like to offer you the right to end your agreement immediately with no early disconnection fees to pay."

Wow how gracious of you - no early disconnection fees!!! What the hell is going on? I've already left and it takes you 3 months or more to confirm I wasn't receiving broadband despite you forcing me to continue paying. No early disconnection fees despite the fact YOU broke the contract by not supplying services for months. 

Is there ANYBODY at VM who can put an end to this farce. I've got your sales agents ringing me to upgrade although I've told them not to as I've experienced nothing but problems with VM for months and have already left. But your customer service agents seem unable to deal with anything, tehy are certainly not pro-active in the same way as the sales team - shady business practice typical of VM. You are quick to try to get more money in but work at a glacial pace when there's a problem. 

Stop harassing me with unwanted sales calls and embarrassingly incompetent updates via email. Just deal with the refund you are stalling on. This really is beyond anything I've ever experienced with any other company. 

Wow this Alex-RM must be the one useful person at VM, an actual person proposing a resolution. Perhaps he could look into my case, I've been met by an brick wall of incompetence bordering on criminal for months. 

Then again, I note that you say the resolution hasn't actually happened yet and given VM's word is not to be trusted it may be a bit early ...... 

Anyway best of luck ctay87 hope it works out 

i won't hold my breath. 

"capable hands" at VM ??? lol

So after months of aggravation, broken promises, endless call etc (the usual VM customer service treatment)  VM have finally offered to refund me for 56 days of loss of service with OFCOM's mandatory £8.40 per day compensation.

I have asked that VM also add the money I was paying during this period as a refund. They knew I was receiving no service but forced me to continue paying. Later VM told me that was not right, but in any case I did pay in full for nothing.

VM now not only say that the OFCOM mandatory £8.40 per day covers everthing. They refuse to even consider compensating me for the inconvenience, distress and hassle I have experienced.

Can anyone advise if that is correct? I feel like I have been scammed. Do VM not consider it worth compensating their customers properly as per CISAS guidelines in the matter (thanks Cardiff for the info)..