cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM WEBSITE OOPS - bill and dates displayed wrong

ALF28
Super solver

Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again
Try again

The VM account website not working tonight, I can log in but options are not working such as bills, settings etc.

The VM email is OK.

Recently, for the last few weeks my bill is displayed wrongly, the amount and dates of bill wrong, but corrects when I go into view bill. or sometimes it thinks I am a new customer?

Now all working fault rectified.

However the page still displays the wrong bill information.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Megan_L 

Like @ALF28  my MVM  has been showing varying dates and bill amounts other than the current latest bill on the opening screen via the web browser for around 5 or 6 weeks now.

Sometimes the page will automatically refresh with the correct amount, at other times you need to navigate away from the page and then go back to see the correct billing date and amount. This doesn't happen with the app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ALF28,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Online Account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

Could I ask what amounts your online account/E-bill states please? 

How long has this been appearing?

Also, does the right amount come out of your bank account if you pay via direct debit?

Thanks,

Megan_L

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Megan_L 

Like @ALF28  my MVM  has been showing varying dates and bill amounts other than the current latest bill on the opening screen via the web browser for around 5 or 6 weeks now.

Sometimes the page will automatically refresh with the correct amount, at other times you need to navigate away from the page and then go back to see the correct billing date and amount. This doesn't happen with the app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

My normal bill is [Removed] but I get "random" displays of bill status with the wrong amount and bill date, this usually corrects but this is unusual.

I have looked at my bills, contract  and my bank account  DD for 3 months and everything is normal, so it must be a glitch as others are getting the same bill error

Latest bill (wrong display- amount and dates can vary and does not match ant of my recent payments for 2022)

Amount due
[Removed]
Bill date
[Removed]
Payment date
[Removed]

my actual bill is-
[Removed]

Payment date: [Removed]

Today I had a short period where email was not available and contract data not showing but now seems ok.

Also I had a log out message yesterday-

Sign Off Error
Your sign-off attempt wasn't successful at all sites. Please close all of your browser windows and try again.
Redirect link doesn't match any expected values.

This may have been due to more than one browser VM page open, but unusual.

Perhaps the VM website bill payment database links are out of sync, and need looking at or there is a website issue/fault?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi there @ALF28

Thank you so much for your letting us know. I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this and make sure all is it as it should be. 

I'll pop you a message now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you. 

The bill is reading correct tonight, but I will answer the PM if the bill displays wrong again and the fault returns.

There seems to be an issue with the home page not always showing, and the website is very slow, this can happen if you click on the VM logo when in email it takes you to the sign in page rather than the account home page and then brings up a menu page rather than the home page, and clicking home does not work.

I also noticed today that the robot check Captcha is not working during VM login.

I will update my security as I have not done that for a while.

Updating security (password etc.) has helped as the home page now displays properly.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update ALF28,

I'm glad that has been sorted for you.

Do pop back up if you require any further assistance. 

Take care,

Kain

All is working normally with my correct bill showing at the moment.

I will continue to monitor if the bill is the correct amount, displayed on my home page.

It is unusual that captcha is no longer part of login for the last few days?

I will reply to the PM only  if I have further problems in the future with the bill.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay,

I'll allow responses to occur from PM's,

ReCaptcha can pop up from time to time.

Regards,

Kain

ReCaptcha can pop up from time to time.

Yes I confirm it is working.

Bill wrong today in my account, having been OK for a while. (1 week)

Amount due
[Removed]
Bill date
[Removed]
Payment date
[Removed]

My correct bill is [Removed]
The bill showing is for October, but when I click on bills my bill It is correct for January, so I will ignore this glitch, others have had this glitch, virgin need to fix their website?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]