cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Online account showing previous acc. number

Koda
Up to speed

Hi,

I Signed up for Virgin Media once again after getting a really good deal after leaving late last year. I've been given a new account number that's one digit different to my old one.

I tried to sign up for a new My Virgin Media online account, but was told that a profile already exists matching this account number, and to sign in with that. I did and it's still showing the old account number telling me I have left. No mention of my new account whatsoever. 

Live chat doesn't seem to do anything other than try to push me onto WhatsApp which I don't have. So I am posting here in the hopes that someone knows what I am supposed to do to either make a new profile with the new account number, or somehow get the new account number to show up on my original profile. 

Any advice appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Koda,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account, are you trying to use the same email address as you used for your account the last time you were a customer?

If you are, we would need to get the email account removed from our system or you could also use an alternative email address, you would be able to register for your account today using an alternative address. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried to go through the new customer sign up page for My Virgin Media. It asks for my surname, account number and area reference. I give it that and it fails saying I have an account already and shows me my old email address/username. 

Even if I try to force the sign up with a different email address it kicks me back to the "We've found you" screen again saying it already exists - Despite giving the new account number which is one digit different to the original.

Would you be able to delete my old account from your system entirely for me at all please? It looks like that's going to be the only option as it appears I cannot fool the website even with a different E-Mail address.

Hi Koda,

Thanks for coming back to us, sorry to hear you're still struggling when you try to use a different email address. We'll be able to help you further with this. I've dropped you a private message so I can take your details and assist you further there.

Thanks!

Beth