Menu
davidph
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM Cable laying missed our part of the road

Hi,

I live in Bath where VM have been rolling out cable all over the north of the city since October last year. Slowly, the build teams crept towards our street, until just into the new year they started at the end of the street. Fantastic I thought! 

A few days later, before reaching our part of the road, the build teams packed up and said they would be back at Easter - apparently they didn't have permission to dig up the road while the school was open. 

Easter has come and gone, the road which joins on to the other end of our road has been fully cabled, along with every other street in a 2 mile radius, but the 450m of our road in the middle seems to have been missed out. Can VM confirm if we'll ever get cable? My current 18 month BB contract ends at the end of May, so will wait for VM if it is going to be addressed in the next few months. 

Thanks! 

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Cable laying missed our part of the road

Hi David, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I have just checked this for you from the details you've previously provided us. 

It is planned for us to cable your street, however we do not have a timescale as to when this will happen. You would be best if you haven't already to register your interest on our page here, we will be sure to let you know when our services become available. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
davidph
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks for looking me up - I'd notified VM of my interest ages ago, so it's a real shame that there isn't any further information on when this might occur.

Looking at roadworks.org it seems there isn't anything scheduled in by VM for the newly cabled areas - the teams who were doing the final fixes to make the temporary patches permanent in the area have been been and gone. 

Is it possible to go back to the build teams and alert them that we've been missed? 

Thanks, 

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry for any delays in preparing your area for our services davidph.

We are in the process of expanding our service network however this can be subject to permission from local authorities.

We really appreciate your continued interest David and we hope to be with you very soon. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
davidph
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I’m aware that it is difficult sometimes to get consents for work, but as per my original post, consent had been given, with every street cabled in my area - both ends of my street have been cabled too. 

What I asked was if it was possible to go back to the build teams and alert them that a chunk seems to have been missed.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If that is the case the team will be able of that. 

I would recommend to register your interest on our cable my street page: virg.in/checker.

^Martin

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You'll probably require the patience of this forum member:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cable-in-my-street-but-checker-sayi...

There was new cable in his street and his GFF faced the road (IIRC), yet it took over a year to be installed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
davidph
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lol! Thanks. We haven't even got that far in our bit of the road yet... with no sign of it being installed, and according to the other responses, no way of finding out if it will be installed, no way to let the build teams know that it's been missed and no other options other than to fill in the cable my street form. All I want is a clear answer on if it will be cabled and ideally a very approximate time frame for this before my current contract ends. 

VM - I really did want to be your customer. If you treat someone who wants to give you their money like this, then I don't hold out much hope if you ever do allow me to become one! 

0 Kudos