cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V273 error on V6 box. Box thinks account is closed

beware_uk
Tuning in

Hi,

Since it's been 2 weeks without a resolution via phone, engineer and Whatsapp, I thought the experts here maybe able to help.

I recently moved house and took the Volt bundle.  We had it installed after we moved and things seemed fine. 

The next day we noticed we had no on demand or catch up.  The V6 boxes show error V273.

Checking network status on the box says that the account is closed.  

Initially it appeared that the old house account was still open and when this got closed, the service got worse.  We now can't schedule recordings or series links.  None of the Apps work, and the home screen shows an account issue.

Yesterday via whatsapp they noticed the order for the new account wasn't complete, so they completed it and guaranteed all would be working today.

I received some welcome and activation texts, but this morning nothing seems to have changed.  I have tried reconnecting and rebooting the box.  The same Account Closed message in network status.

I also requested some form of credit for the lack of services and was given a £10 credit which is paltry given that I basically have freeview at the moment.

In amongst all of this, I also received an email suggesting either my O2 or virgin account was closed and I couldn't get Volt benefits. I took out the O2 contract specifically for this package as suggested by the home move man on the phone. 

As a side note (possibly important) the O2 account is on a different email address as I had an existing O2 account on the email address used with Virgin.

Hopefully someone here is able to figure out what's going on with my account setup?

Thanks

Ben

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @beware_uk

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened with your set top box and I am so sorry we have not yet been able to resolve this for you! 

I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this for you.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again, 

Thanks so much for your private message, I have now booked you a visit for your set top boxes – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.