cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username not confirmed

seanc9029
Joining in

I recently got a virgin router installed and am having trouble logging onto My Virgin Media. When trying to log on I'm prompted to confirm a username, however the email to do so is now expired. When requesting a new link I have received a link to reset my password instead. Which doesn't work either. 

Is there a way to have the username confirmation email resent that I'm missing? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sean, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention. 

A couple of questions just to help us diagnose the issue:

1) Is this your first time registering with My Virgin Media? 

2) Is the login email you are using your primary contact email address for the account? 

3) Have you ever previously had services with us, that may be also associated to this email account? 

4) Have you checked your Spam and junk folders for any confirmation/registration email from us?

5) Are you able to post a screenshot of the error message you are getting when logging in? 

All the best.

Molly

Hi Molly, thanks

1) Yes this was my first time.
2) Yes we used the same email as primary contact for billing etc.
3) No previous services associated with this account.
4) No signs of it in any spam folders
5) Attached a screenshot below, just taken and still no email prompting a username confirmation.

virgin error.png

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We will be able to get a replacement verification email sent out to you but I've not been able to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 

I have arranged for the correct spelling to be made and this should be processed within the next 24 - 48 hours. A new verification email has been sent too. This can sometimes take a little whilst to come through so keep an eye on spam and junk folders too. 

If the account holder hasn't received anything by Tuesday, or they have any further issues, get them to pop back here so we  can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

seanc9029
Joining in

I have now got the confirmation email but following the link only leads to a page saying it can’t be confirmed as I already have (I haven’t) or that I’ve requested one which was the problem initially.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi seanc9029, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Checking our systems I can see the username has been confirmed now. You should be able to just log in using the username and the password now. 

Give it a try and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Problem solved thank you very much!!