cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username linked to old account?

ChrisG6
Joining in

Hi, I recently re-joined virgin media having left about 6 months previously due to a house move. When trying to register my account using the email address that I ordered the service with I am prevented from doing so and receive a message saying “username is not available”. I spoke to customer services maybe three weeks ago now and reckon that my email address is still attached to my old account, therefore unavailable for me to register with my new account. They said that they would sort this for me (dissociate my email address form my old account?) and I would be able to register in the next day or two, but I am still unable. Took me 2hrs to get through to someone at customer services, and can’t use the online chat function as I can login, so figured I’d ask here if anyone knows of a quick fix to this? Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23

Good afternoon,

I am having exactly the same issue, where after returning to Virgin after 18+ months, when I attempt to register an account it tells me that the username is not available (presumably as it is still linked to my previous account).

I spent an hour on the phone the other day to be told that there was nothing that could be done and I should just make a new email address so that I can create an account. Not exactly something I want to be doing.

Can you get my email address disconnected from my previous account?

Thank you,

Ben

HI Ben,

It can be done through a transfer process however there are instances where the transfer fails and you would need to create a new log in. I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

RMN_81
Joining in

Hi, I appear to have this same issue of my email being linked to my old account from several years ago. 
Please can I have some help in resolving this?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RMN_81,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue where your email address is linked to a previous account. I would like to transfer this over for you to your new account. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena