cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username linked to old account

Seldom_seen
Joining in

Good morning,

I recently re-joined VM and am having trouble registering a new account using my email address. I believe this is because it is still registered to my old account.

Please could you re-assign the email address to my new account.

Many thanks and kind regards

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Seldom_seen, thanks for your post.

Welcome back to VM! We may be able to help transfer the online account from your old account over to your new one - however we will need to complete a security check on both accounts first of all. I'll get in touch via PM so we can go through all of that and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Seldom_seen, thanks for your post.

Welcome back to VM! We may be able to help transfer the online account from your old account over to your new one - however we will need to complete a security check on both accounts first of all. I'll get in touch via PM so we can go through all of that and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Hi,

I am having the same issue, can someone please contact me to resolve it.

Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jmckinley,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for your new online account.

I will message you via Private Message to look into this further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon! 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cbrereton
Joining in

Hi 

I have issue with my old account being linked to app - can you private message me how to resolve 

Hi Cbrereton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

This is a process called Move and Transfer where we transfer from the old account to the new account, takes 24 hours to do.

I'll send you a PM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Cbrereton

Thanks for joining me on PM.

With the new email created, head here - https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register

You'll be able to register your online account

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Now I am getting the error message

"Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

I wonder if I will ever be able to log into my virgin account ?

Hi Cbrereton, 

Thanks for your post and for coming back to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with registering for My Virgin Media. We're aware that there are some issues affecting some customers but first we need to ensure we are covering the basics. 

• Can you please try deleting the cache and cookies on your browser?
  • When trying to register through the app, do you get the same issues? 
  • Can you also provide me with the URL of the page that you're attempting to register on?

This will allow us to look in to things further for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• Can you please try deleting the cache and cookies on your browser? ( Yes) 
  • When trying to register through the app, do you get the same issues? (yes)
  • Can you also provide me with the URL of the page that you're attempting to register on?https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/

Hope this helps 

I know the matter is more confusing as I have two accounts [MOD EDIT: Personal details] and [MOD EDIT: Personal details]