cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username linked to old account?

ChrisG6
Joining in

Hi, I recently re-joined virgin media having left about 6 months previously due to a house move. When trying to register my account using the email address that I ordered the service with I am prevented from doing so and receive a message saying “username is not available”. I spoke to customer services maybe three weeks ago now and reckon that my email address is still attached to my old account, therefore unavailable for me to register with my new account. They said that they would sort this for me (dissociate my email address form my old account?) and I would be able to register in the next day or two, but I am still unable. Took me 2hrs to get through to someone at customer services, and can’t use the online chat function as I can login, so figured I’d ask here if anyone knows of a quick fix to this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Perfect - glad to hear it @ChrisG6 

Cheers so much for popping back and letting us know - hope you have a good week. Stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @ChrisG6

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues registering for your new MyVirginMedia account after moving home.

I have been able to locate your account from your forum information and can indeed see notes to advise that the relevant checks have been done to move the details over - I can only apologise that this has not worked for you. 

We'll be more than happy to take a closer look at what's occurring and help you out but we'll need to go through security first. Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right an pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks so much for your Private Message @ChrisG6 - I am sorry about the delay in replying over the weekend. 

We can see that the request to move your details from your old account to the new account was done at the back end of 2020 so I am sorry that this hasn't been completed as yet. We've not been able to manually do this either so have raised and IT ticket to get this processed for you. This has been logged under reference number P010339435

This is usually resolved in around 5 working days; once we have any update, we'll be sure to ley you know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon @ChrisG6

We have had a reply back from our IT team to advise that your email has been removed from your old account and they have requested that you try and re-register your new MyVM account for us again. 

Register for My Virgin Media Account

Please let me know how you get on and we'll go from there

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Not sure if you can help as I’m having the same issue. Everything refers to signing in to get help and I can’t register, guessing due to having a previous account. I called yesterday and was on hold for an hour and then the line cut off. 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @HeatherJorge

Welcome back to our Community - sorry that you're having issues registering your online account.

What happens when you try and register with your new account details? Are you getting any sort of error message showing at all? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

F3731942-7218-4AC7-8A27-9927E030EFDE.jpeg

Yes I get the message attached I’ve also tried registering with different email addresses.

Thanks 😊

That’s it sorted now and I’ve been able to register my account. Thanks very much for your help with this - appreciated!

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Perfect - glad to hear it @ChrisG6 

Cheers so much for popping back and letting us know - hope you have a good week. Stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Cheers @HeatherJorge

That's a slightly different error message to what the OP was having. Have you tried setting up the account via a web-browser on a PC or laptop rather than a mobile/tablet?

Please do try either Firefox, Chrome or Edge and let me know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team