cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username already taken

Anotheruser1
Tuning in

This problem is getting really frustrating now. 

Basically I've held a VM account in the past and now I've placed another order for broadband.

I've completed the order with my normal email address and on this address I received the contract, order confirmation and all other relevant emails.

A few days ago I received a link to register for a VM account. When trying to register, I am asked for surname account number and area ref. I input all of these and my main email pops up as a pre-selected username suggestion. I want to have this email as the username however when I try to register it says :

Sorry, this username is not available. Please enter another username and try again.

I want someone to update my old details with the new ones or at least just remove the old account entirely. I want to use this email as the username. I do not want to use any other email addresses as that will confuse things tenfold.

I've been on the phone with VM support for the third time now and so far no solutions. I've spoken to General Queries, Technical and Moves&Transfers. 

Please help, it should really not be this complicated...

46 REPLIES 46

Hi @allyS,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are also getting the same error. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can pass security and get an IT ticket raised for you too 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for providing the details as requested via PM @allyS

I have raised an IT ticket for you under the reference P010558379 to get this resolved.

As soon as I get an update I will follow up with you here 🙂

​​​​​​

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @allyS,

I have an update for you from our IT team. 

Please look out for your PM's 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Elliot_A
Joining in

My username is also taken by my old address, would someone be able to help me with this?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Elliot_A.

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

Most defiantly we can take a look into this for you, we would need to pass DPA on both your accounts.

Please could you first let me know how long ago your old account was disconnected?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

My old account for a previous address was disconnected in the first week of July 2021.

Hi there Elliot_A

Thank you for letting us know! I'd be happy to take a closer look at this for you and see what we can sort. 

I will need to send you a PM to arrange this which I will do now. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.