cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username already taken

Robergy
On our wavelength

HI,

Can someone assist me, coming back to Virgin media, and wish to use my old username that is on a no longer active account.  Wish to have that username disassociated with that online account to allow for me to use and manage my online billing with my preferred username.  Just need to raise an ticket to IT to perform some magic.

Thanks,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me @Robergy.

I have now raised this issue with our IT support team and we will be in touch once the team comes back to let us know the ticket has been resolved. This can take up to 5 working days to be completed but is often done sooner than that. 

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Robergy,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm really sorry that you haven't been able to use your former username, when coming back to us, I can take a further look into this but would need to send a private message over, so that we can confirm your details and pass account security.

I will drop over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started logging this with our support team.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me @Robergy.

I have now raised this issue with our IT support team and we will be in touch once the team comes back to let us know the ticket has been resolved. This can take up to 5 working days to be completed but is often done sooner than that. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Robergy
On our wavelength

Thanks Steven, exactly the service I expected, great to get such a prompt response.

You're very welcome @Robergy and I hope that we can get this resolved very soon for you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Robergy
On our wavelength

Hi Steven,

Just to let you know, now resolved.  My login got changed, my account would not let me in at first, however went through the forgotten password process, and this allowed me back in.  All now working on my phone, and my computer after I removed Virginmedia cookies tied to old account on both devices.

Thanks,

Rob

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rob, thanks for keeping us updated on this - really glad to hear it's sorted for you now. I will ensue this is passed on to Steven when he returns to the office. 

Tom