cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username already taken

Anotheruser1
Tuning in

This problem is getting really frustrating now. 

Basically I've held a VM account in the past and now I've placed another order for broadband.

I've completed the order with my normal email address and on this address I received the contract, order confirmation and all other relevant emails.

A few days ago I received a link to register for a VM account. When trying to register, I am asked for surname account number and area ref. I input all of these and my main email pops up as a pre-selected username suggestion. I want to have this email as the username however when I try to register it says :

Sorry, this username is not available. Please enter another username and try again.

I want someone to update my old details with the new ones or at least just remove the old account entirely. I want to use this email as the username. I do not want to use any other email addresses as that will confuse things tenfold.

I've been on the phone with VM support for the third time now and so far no solutions. I've spoken to General Queries, Technical and Moves&Transfers. 

Please help, it should really not be this complicated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there  @Anotheruser1,

Thanks so much for your patience whilst we look into your issues for you. 

I have had a reply from our IT team who have made some changes at this end and have requested that you attempt to sign up for your MyVirginMedia again for us now. 

I hope all is working, if you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

46 REPLIES 46

paultechy
Alessandro Volta
doubt the username would ever be added to the pool of possible, since means you could get somebody else's emails etc.. how long ago was the previous account closed?, the forum team might be able to merge the old account with new.

I'm not sure whether you understood the issue.

What would the forum team have anything to do with this? I am talking about the username for actual VM broadband account management not the forums.

The forum staff have access to same system as the phone support people, sorry wasn't clear on previous post, an example would be customer leaves virginmedia after a time username gets put back into pool of available usernames, a different person uses that previous username and gets emails destined for previous user.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Anotheruser1

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you are having issues registering your new MyVirginMedia account with your email. 

As you had services with us previously and used the same email address, it is more than likely that the email address is still linked with the old account and that is why you cannot register your new account with the same email. 

This is easily fixed with an IT ticket to disassociate your old account with your email address. Once this is done, you'll then be able to sign up to your new account with the email address 🙂 

When searching for your account, we are getting a few different results so I'll pop you a quick Private Message so we can check the account information and pass security. Look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there  @Anotheruser1,

Thanks so much for your patience whilst we look into your issues for you. 

I have had a reply from our IT team who have made some changes at this end and have requested that you attempt to sign up for your MyVirginMedia again for us now. 

I hope all is working, if you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Thanks Katie!

Whatever your IT team did on this occasion resolved the issue.

Please can you feed this back so that this solution is deployed sooner for this type of query. 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad that all is now working for you @Anotheruser1

If you need any further assistance along these lines or indeed anything else, please do not hesitate to get back in touch via our Forums and we'll do all we can to assist you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Dear Katie,

I have the same issue originally reported in this thread. Could you please look into it for me?

Thanks a lot

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EMNPI, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered the same issue. I'll get in touch via PM to confirm the details we need to help get this sorted out. Please look out for the purple envelope & get back to me when you can.

Tom