cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used webchat to set up house move, account now showing incorrect details

CalS
Tuning in

On Friday 23-Sep I used the webchat service to initiate a house move, as we've had to split our chain and move out of the current house before we have a moving in date for the next one.

We agreed to end my service at the current address when the house is sold on 30-Sep, and set a temporary start date at the new property on 21-Oct, carrying the same package and pricing over - having just changed package on 17-Sep after an outbound sales call where it was confirmed that the house move would not pose a problem, price would stay the same.

I've now logged into my account to double check this - as I hadn't received an email confirmation or a copy of the chat logs - only to find that my account history is missing altogether, there is an engineer visit scheduled at the new house on 5-Oct (before I will live there, potentially inconvenience the seller), the contract is now £15 more expensive, and this incorrect contract was sent to someone else's email address.

4 REPLIES 4

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @CalS, thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear about the issues with the home move and the confusion it has caused.

Regarding the details on the account, when you move home you will be generated with a new account number, your My Virgin Media is still attached to the previous one I believe, what we can do on our end is merge the account details so details of the new property appear with the updated information, once the house move is complete.

Regarding the contract price - have you requested any changes on the package to your new house? 
And for the installation date, unfortunately on the forums side we cannot amend any install appointments, this can only be done with the pre-installation team, you can reach out to them on 0345 454 1111 and the team can get the dates changed for you.

Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply Ilyas.

Would you expect the new account number to be linked to an unrelated email address?

I did not request any package changes.

This has now been resolved over the phone, thanks

Thank you for the update.

Just to confirm all matters have been clarified with out team?
Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs