Menu
misscake
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading package

Have been with Virgin since 1998 and have noticed my charges creep up. 

Got 2 Tivo boxes, Sky and BT sports and its £135 a month with Full House whatever that is. I get told i'm upgraded to 200 broadband but i see packages offered with 500 and full packages for £90 and roughly what i pay AFTER the intro offer.

The offers i have offerex push my fee to £180 with only 350 broadband. 

It seems to get anything i have to threaten to go elsewhere. Is there no other way? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading package

The only way is to make virgin give you a good deal is to convince them your happy to leave, so no you need to go through cancellations 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading package

It sounds like you could be on an older bundle by the sounds.

I'd recommend a play around with the build your bundle site to get an idea of pricing for whatever combination of services you would like. This will give you "new customer" prices (which you're not) and the regular pricing, I would suggest somewhere in-between the two would be a reasonable expectation if you're willing to re-contract for 18months. That's not a promise that you'll get that, but just to point out that you're not a new customer so shouldn't expect to get those prices. Equally if you're willing to re-contract, that should come with some quid-pro-quo on pricing.

Take a read of this excellent post from Andruser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos