cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Volt - Talk to Virgin or O2?

Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength

I am currently a Virgin and O2 customer and have been since 2013.

My virgin "discount" runs out 24th March 2022 and my O2 contract runs out April 2022.

Looking at what VOLT offers it makes sense for me to combine the 2 as I'm happy with my mobile phone and current Virgin package, and it would save me around £50 a month.

Question is, do I ring Virgin and get them to sort it or O2? I run my own business so don't want to be without any services but I've heard loads of horror stories about how package swaps etc can lead to problems.

If an Admin would like to discuss feel free to pm me

13 REPLIES 13

no because I've already spent 4 hours on the phone to virgin and O2. The O2 guy checked my account, made sure the name is correct etc and was very helpful. I spent 3+ hours on whatsapp with Virgin and got nowhere. Literally every time I try and "upgrade" or click on the Volt section that says "Im a virgin and o2 customer" it just sends me backwards and forwards between o2 and virgin asking me to sign in, then nothing appears on my account that is Volt related.

Thanks for cming back to us.

You've stated yesterday the details on the O2 side now match those on our side. If that's the case, please do try the My O2 app again and it should allow you to see the deals.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Despite talking to O2, double checking my account name etc is all correct, I cannot get this to work.

I sign into O2, click on Volt, asks me to sign into Virgin, which then passes me back to O2, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

The only time I can see any Volt offers is if I act like a new customer, and yes I've cleared all cookies/cache etc.

So glad that I can just dump Virgin when my contract runs out, Freeview, plusnet and a sim only deal will do for me thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused @Stuzzer2015

Kind regards,

Zak_M