cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Volt - Talk to Virgin or O2?

Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength

I am currently a Virgin and O2 customer and have been since 2013.

My virgin "discount" runs out 24th March 2022 and my O2 contract runs out April 2022.

Looking at what VOLT offers it makes sense for me to combine the 2 as I'm happy with my mobile phone and current Virgin package, and it would save me around £50 a month.

Question is, do I ring Virgin and get them to sort it or O2? I run my own business so don't want to be without any services but I've heard loads of horror stories about how package swaps etc can lead to problems.

If an Admin would like to discuss feel free to pm me

13 REPLIES 13

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stuzzer2015,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank your for your post, and I'm glad to see that you're considering to upgrade your package with Volt! 🙂

You can take a look at all of our Volt offers on our website here: https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2.

You can start your Volt journey by accessing your MyO2 App and seeing what benefits are available to you.

Please keep us updated on how you get on, and we'll be here to help you further if you need any extra support. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried and tried to do this, via the website and app.

When I go to My O2 it shows Volt and says "see what you can get" so I click on that and it just says "join Virgin Media" which then takes me back to the Virgin site.

Literally everything I have tried just bounces from 1 site to the other, even if I select "I have Virgin and O2" on the Virgin website it STILL wont do anything

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are both the Virgin Media and O2 accounts in exactly the same name and registered at the same address?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I've managed to get 1 step further, where it offers me the £89 Volt bundle BUT I then put in my address/phone details and it basically treats me like an existing customer, asks me to sign in (again) and then says I have no offers available.

Literally at the point where I just want to give up, but I get the feeling thats the whole idea of making the process so difficult to begin with

yes, and have been since 2013

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Odd - if the two accounts match, then you should be seeing the option to Supercharge your existing cable and O2 mobile services separately to being offered a bundle upgrade to Ultimate Volt.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Stuzzer2015,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to get your Volt package agreed.

Please could you call into the team on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line, you can text us on 0753 305 1809 or on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM via a chat messenger icon (WhatsApp). They will be happy to look into this further for you via any method that you choose.

Regards,

Steven_L

I tried that last night via whatsapp, the operator couldnt understand what I was asking so in the end said "really sorry, we did not get any discounts on the package" then sent me a BOT message to fill in a survey.

I had to repeat myself at least 3 times over 2 hours of messaging, and despite me fully detailing what I wanted to do I just got offered a broadband speed upgrade.

I spoke to O2 today, the details on my account are now set to match those on my Virgin account, so will now have to see if I can reach anyone competent enough to carry out the upgrade/change.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here @Stuzzer2015. I hope that you can get in touch with the team to get this sorted.

Have you raised a complaint about this issue with the team at all?

Regards,

Steven_L