cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade single service

Burnleylass89
Joining in

How do i find just the internet upgrade and not a whole package one? Just want to upgrade my Internet to M500

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Burnleylass89,

You don't say which package you are on but if you are out of contract, or coming to the end of a contract then you should maybe look at negotiating a new contract to save money on your own terms.

If  you just have standalone broadband it should be pretty easy to upgrade your speed and negotiate a new price.

However, if you have a bundle it's more complicated on the VM systems. 

You can check out the prices and what's available by clicking on the links on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles  

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price.

By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with.

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package. 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 (standard rate call charges) or  freephone number 0800 052 0422 (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a few months Into my contract and have weekend calls and m350 Internet. I just want to upgrade my internet to m500 but when I try to it takes me to bundles 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Burnleylass89,

Is there any particular reason why you want the 500 speed? 

To be honest you will hardly notice any difference between that and the 350 speed.

What actual speed are you currently getting on speed tests using an ethernet connection?

If it's below what you expected there may be some faults which we can maybe help you rectify rather than paying extra?

If you sign into https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index  and click on My upgrades & offers in the navigation bar you might see some offers.

This page will show you the prices for phone and broadband https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/deals 

The headline price is for new customers, but since you're now an existing customer you would need to look at the out of contract price, and try and negotiate something in between.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately, the nature of VM's bundling and discounting setup is that - this really isn't as simple as you're wanting it to be. Changing one element of your package has the potential to change the whole lot, although I'm not saying that is definitely happening here.

As a standalone product, M350 is £56/month, M500 is £62.

As a quick answer - you really are best calling into VM on 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and asking the agent 1: What the cost for this change would be, and 2: Whether it instigates a new 18month contract (assuming that's not a problem for you.

If you genuinely want to compare prices before doing so, then having a play with the bundle builder website is the best way to experiment with combinations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks