cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt

robw95
Tuning in

Hello, 

I'm looking for some help with some queries on an Upgrade i called about yesterday from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt. I have been advised to create a new forum post, Rather than message VM Staff members directly.. 

I'm a bit concerned that the upgrade hasn't gone through as planned and that i will be over charged from virgin media on top of the new direct debit setup with o2..

I have set up the account with o2 and should be expecting the new sim card today.

Yesterday i requested a PAC code via the Virgin Mobile portal to port the number to the new o2 Sim, On the call I asked if there would be any charges for moving the number from Virgin Mobile to o2 and was told no, Could anyone confirm this is the case before i use the code?

I received an email a few hours after the call advising that my next bill will be much higher than what had been agreed with the 3 different reps i had spoken with yesterday that i would have the pricing matched to the current Black Friday price currently at £89 per month for a limited time. I noticed that the Service Change Receipt attachment within the email is referring the package as Ultimate Oomph bundle rather than Ultimate Volt?

Another concern is that there is also no mention on the service change receipt of the upgrade to Gig1 from M600 the rep that processed the upgrade advised that a new hub should be delivered this week and but I've not had any confirmation of this by email or the tracking number of the new hub?

Many Thanks,

R

4 REPLIES 4

robw95
Tuning in

@John_GS

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @robw95

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

When speaking to the agent on the phone, did they advise they'd be upgrading you? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis_M , 

I had called 150 from the landline number associated with the account and selected the upgrade options, and passed security on 3 different occasions. The first person i spoke to hadn't done an upgrade like this before so was a bit unsure and had transferred me to another agent who was unable to see the current Black Friday pricing so transferred me once more to another agent, Whom seemed to of understood what i would like to upgrade to and proceeded to create the account and direct debit for the o2 sim and had confirmed the price of £89 as per the Black Friday price for the Ultimate Volt package with £25 of that amount going to the o2 direct debit and advised to use a PAC code to move the number from the Virgin Mobile sim to the new o2 one. 

What i have noticed today is that the contract term has remained the same, There's about 6 months remaining on the Ultimate Oomph package taken out last year. I appears that i have not been re-contracted which I'm happy to recontract on the basis of the agreed price of £89 per month with the upgrade to Gig1 and the new Hub that is required for it and no disconnection fees, etc from using the Virgin Mobile PAC code. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @robw95

Thank for the reply, i'm going to drop you a private message to investigate further. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs