cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Volt package free o2 sim included now being charge £25 for by o2

EvBur
Tuning in

Hi,  end of last month I upgraded from an oomph package to a volt package with the help of Allan from the retentions team. He mentioned the O2 sim would be included even though said I did not want it or need it.  At no point in the chat conversation, which I have screen shots of, was there a mention that this o2 sim was a contract and would cost £25 per month on top of my VM payments !  

The o2 sim arrived a few days later which was put in a drawer as free and would not be used. Then on Thursday 5th May received a letter from o2 dated 3rd May about my contract and the charge of £25 per month which they have taken from my account today, 6th May.   

I did not agree to paying for a SIM at £25 a month, I was not told on the chat this was an additional cost.  I do not need a sim with o2 as I'm an existing customer! 

On calling o2 customer services this morning, 6th May, to cancel I was told that VM are miss selling the "Free" o2 sim and they are getting lots of calls to cancel.    As I may now just be beyond my 14 days cancel period (all very well timed) I could have an issue cancelling the o2 sim and getting a refund.

I am now having to chase around with o2 customer services to try to get this cancelled.

Feel extremely angry, it was not mentioned this was an additional contract costing £25 with o2 when chatting to the VM team.

Regards

Ev

2 REPLIES 2

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EvBur,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that there appears to be a dispute and some confusion with the package you've been given and what was discussed with the team. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take some details and have a closer look at what's happened.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EvBur,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could investigate what's happened further. I'm glad that we were able to reach an amicable resolution to the matter.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!