cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy about complaint resolution

harveys12345
Joining in

Hi I am unhappy with the resolution of a complaint that I have made however the number provided 0345 454 1111 i.e the general support number does not have an option for dealing with complaints.
When I log into the app or log onto the website there are no active complaints shown.
Where am I supposed to go? 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It does depend what the nature of the complaint was, and what you're looking for as a resolution.

The hardball method would be to wait 8weeks from when this complaint was raised, and then escalate to CISAS external arbitration as unresolved.

The quicker method, may be to explain your issue on this forum - and the staff team may be able to intervene.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @harveys12345

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced issues with your complaint and you are unhappy with the resolution. 

Can I ask what was the last communication you have had in regards to this? If this was a final email were details included with how to escalate the complaint? 

Thank you. 

cje85
Trouble shooter

@japitts wrote:

It does depend what the nature of the complaint was, and what you're looking for as a resolution.

The hardball method would be to wait 8weeks from when this complaint was raised, and then escalate to CISAS external arbitration as unresolved.

The quicker method, may be to explain your issue on this forum - and the staff team may be able to intervene.

Just to point out VM are no longer using CISAS. Ombudsman Service is now the dispute resolution scheme for VM.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/providers/virgin-media

I only received one email in response marking the complaint as resolved, if I did not respond within 28 days the complaint will be closed if I wasn't happy I could ring the number provided. The number included was was just the customer support number that has no options for complaints.

I suppose there will be a final email sent when the complaint is marked as complete but I would like to speak to someone sooner. Looks like there is no option to do that

@harveys12345 wrote:

Snip....

I suppose there will be a final email sent when the complaint is marked as complete but I would like to speak to someone sooner. Looks like there is no option to do that

Actually there probably won't be, as far as VM are concerned the matter is closed, as they know that in most cases the customer just sucks it up, can't be bother to fight any more and moves on - they aren't to know if you will be one of them or not so but they'll just take the chance. There are numerous posts on here regarding complaints simply being closed with inadequate or totally spurious 'resolutions' obviously chosen from a pre-defined drop-down list, and quite a few where posters claim that their complaint simply vanishes and VM deny all knowledge of it!

As you have already discovered dealing with the woeful excuse for a customer service provision via phone is an exercise only recommended for those with dangerously low blood pressure who are looking for a drug-free method of raising it. So what you do it this;

write a letter (yes I know this is supposed to be a communication company, but still) and include the complaint reference number, the date you first submitted it, the date of the resolution and a few details about the complaint. Send the letter by recorded delivery (signed for) to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

Ensure that you include in the letter, in no uncertain terms a statement that you completely reject the proposed resolution and you now request a deadlock letter in order to escalate it to the Ombudsman Service! Make sure you keep a copy of this letter.

What will most likely happen, is absolutely nothing, the letter won't even be acknowledged - although it'll be a pleasant change if it were to be so, even more so if it led to a better outcome. Assuming that you remain disappointed with the response, then eight weeks after the original date of your complaint, you escalate the matter to the Ombudsman Service and make sure that you include a request for, say an additional £30 compensation for the added inconvenience, poor complaint handling and refusal to issue a deadlock letter promptly on request.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'd ask for £60 compensation, not £30, but there you go!

The other thing is to change ISP - now if you're out of contract, or when any fixed term ends.  Why continue to pay a company that really couldn't give a flying duck about its customers?  The reason VM behave the way they do is because most people as jem101 says just suck it up.  Nothing will change until VM find that they are losing too many customers because people won't tolerate being taken for a fool.

Hi harveys12345,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, really sorry to hear you raised a complaint which you believe hasn't been address and that you have been able to discuss this further, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like this is in regards to a delayed install, is that correct.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept, once we have cleared security I will do all I can to help.

Regards

Paul.