Menu
Highlighted
bluennote94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unfair Treatment of loyal Customers

I'm out of contract so I rang customer services to see what deal they could help me with as current paying £126 per month is too much.  They offered me some discount but thought I would research as to what other deals were being offered.  I have been with virgin for over 15 years and feel that they do not value loyal customers at all.  

On researching the market, I found the Big Oomph package being offered to new customers for £79 per month, I'm paying £47 per month extra for the same product.  That is so unfair.  

Can anyone recommend a sky package that has good broadband that can cope with gaming for 2 teenagers, sky sports and movies.  Any suggestions would be appreciated?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfair Treatment of loyal Customers

It’s industry standard, and encouraged by the regulators. Best way to save is swap every time your contract is up to take advantage of new customer deals.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

no idea what Sky offer but you could play games if you want - give 30 days notice and see if outbound retentions make you a good offer - they only ring once usually and its take it or leave it - no thinking about it - they dont ring all users who give notice but its worth a punt

if they dont ring you leave at the end of the 30 days to whoever else you choose has the best new user offer

Tony
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@bluennote94 

If I were you, I would logon to your My Virginmedia account. You may get a surprise as existing customers are currently being offered great Black Friday deals, e.g Ultimate Oomph for £89 for 12 months.

This is what I get when I logon:

1E94DD24-D55F-4723-A250-0F83F663DB88.jpeg

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

bluennote94
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

unfortunately I do not get this screen when I log in.  There is one for new customers only on the main site for £79 a month.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is that the same £89 a month deal they have been offering since September? The new one is £79 a month. 

I was paying £99 a month - loyalty is dead

backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I don't get any offer when I login to my online account 😞

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for using the forums in order to chat about this subject, just so you know here's the link for existing customer offers if you want to have a look. 

Sorry you're all feeling a little underrated as customers, we do have flash sales such as that one above that you can take advantage of, so keep your eyes peeled for any updates on the website.

Thanks.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@backtothefuture

You are not worthy - please go back to 1989 and come up with the idea of Whoever started this before Telewest - and then do it right so we can all benefit 30 years later 

Cheers 🙂 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph is £139 you wont be a new customer so that will eb the standard price

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos