cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected charge

Oomphless
Tuning in

I had an Appointment cancellation charge of £99 on my last bill which I queried via Chat on the day I received the bill.  They agreed it was incorrect but the charge has still be taken.  I have heard nothing more.  Do I have to wait until the next bill period to find out whether I will be refunded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glad we could get things sorted out for you @Oomphless

Thanks for speaking with me via PM and feel free to reach out should you have any other issues 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums Oomphless, and we're sorry to hear of the unexpected charge on the account.

When we issue a £99.00 charge on an account, this is usually due to an special request order being booked on the account

The reason why these are charged is due to the call out not being fault related - the most common type is when a customer requests the equipment to be relocated in their property

Can you confirm if you had an special request order booked in and what the recent visit was for?

Kindest regards,

David

I had emails from Virgin giving two appointments for the installation of my mini box as they were unable to connect it in February when the main boxes were fitted as part of my new OOmph deal.  I queried by phone why there were two appointments (one am and the other pm on the same day) and was told that this was in case it took a long time.  The engineer called about 12 noon and completed the installation within half an hour.  I presume this meant that the other appointment was cancelled by the engineer as being unnecessary and that was how the £99 charge came up.  As I mentioned before,  I contacted Virgin on the day I received email notification of my bill via Chat and was told that the charge had been an error and would the bill would be changed.  However, I was debited for the £99 (plus normal amount).

I just want to make sure that I will get it back soon.

Regards

Oomphless

Hi @Oomphless

I am sorry to hear this. I will pop you a PM now so we can pass security and take a closer look into this for you. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Glad we could get things sorted out for you @Oomphless

Thanks for speaking with me via PM and feel free to reach out should you have any other issues 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team