cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncancelling

chrishall57
Joining in

Hi, over the past year my broadband with VM has been awful so cancelled last month. Still got 8 days to go before the final date, just wondering if the option to uncancel the cancellation exists!

Ta.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you're transferring a home phone number across just make sure that you speak to Virgin Media before any Sky account cancellation.

Number transfers get tricky or impossible if one of the lines has closed so Virgin Media can make sure that they keep hold of the number if they need to.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes, you'll be able to cancel the cancellation by contact Customer Services.

Thanks BenMcr!

I signed up to Sky as an alternative, had the openreach subcontract engineer round this morning only to be told I don't have a working BT line! He said they will have to arrange for the line to be reconnected but couldn't say how long. To make matters worse the Sky installer's not turned up.

Just need to know where I stand as I've still got 2 days left of the cooling off period!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you're transferring a home phone number across just make sure that you speak to Virgin Media before any Sky account cancellation.

Number transfers get tricky or impossible if one of the lines has closed so Virgin Media can make sure that they keep hold of the number if they need to.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chrishall57

Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about the broadband issues.

I can certainly help you with the cancellation of the cancellation (excuse the pun). 

I'll PM you now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try another ISP and serve 30 days again notice.

Openreach had a new line and fibre installed at my property inside two weeks, with all engineers turning up on the same day.

Aerial tech visit was the day before.  Couldn't fault them at all.

When I applied I ticked the box that said new line required as I had never had anyother supplier apart from VM.

" over the past year my broadband with VM has been awful so cancelled last month"

do you think that will change when you reverse your cancellation because Sky messed up your install?

Be careful of what new contract terms you get if you take a new offer and it doesn't go smoothly.

(VM have shortages of Hub 4s and TV 360 is dire)

Likely 18 months / 14 day coolling off period / £240 exit fee after that.

Thanks for the offer John_GS, but talking to VMs team today is the day my number gets ported over so the ship has sailed on my idea of cancelling the cancelling.

Thanks leaverbeaver, the point about broadband reliability is valid, it was why I didn't uncancel when talking to VM last night. If Sky are going to be as bad then I may as well pay as little as possible.

I think the strongest reason for considering the uncancel was because I've been with VM ever since they cabled my area, probably back to 1997/8. Sort of a loyalty which my wife pulled me up on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can relate to the loyalty feeling.  I've never used any other supplier til 7 days ago.

I visited a few sites including Sky to see which one offered comparable speeds and then I discovered Openreach has installed full fibre in our area.

Speed has been phenomenal and I'm paying less.

My issues which I am still sore about and would return to VM if they sorted it was an awful tech in my area, he was sent to my house twice - they tried to send him again & I refused. Hardware, apparently they are short of kit and won't replace faulty units unless they are literally bricked.  They messed my disconnection up and I am paying another month before it finally goes.