cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievably Bad Customer Service

brendasuter
On our wavelength

The Service I have received over the passed three months is a joke i have telephoned Virgin over 16 times each time it has taken over an hour to get through, They sold me a contract which they have not full filled, then they have the audacity to charge me for the phone call to speak to Customer services because it took over an hour for them to answer. Each Member of staff have assured me that the Customer Services Manager who has been assigned my case would get back to me within 24 hours, Also that they would activate the Amazon Code promised within the contract 3 Months 16 customer services conversations and NOTHING now they send me a email saying they are putting my bill up by £4.00 a month. Along with a letter saying we see you have a complaint sorry we haven't responded we will get back to you soon, That was on the 15th January now 30th another 10 days NOTHING so have one option to take this to the Ombudsmen. Maybe someone will respond.  I won't hold my breath, So much for Virgin Media, I am going to make enquires else where, surly there must be a company who is happy to full fill their obligations. Shame as i have been a customer of Virgins for Many Many years. Leaves a very bitter taste. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brendasuter 

I've moved your post to the "manage my account" section of the board where you're far more likely to get a staff response. You've alluded to issues with your TV picture - have you reported those separately? Or posted in the TV section of the board to get some help with that?

The complaints process is outlined on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint , with specific reference to section 4, "Independent adjudication":

"If we haven’t reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, or we confirm in writing before the 8 weeks are up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, we’ll let you know that you have the right to refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). This service is absolutely free of charge."

If you have an open complaint pending, then this can sometimes tie the hands of VM forum staff a little.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

They have not responded at all, accept sending me a letter saying its been over 8 Weeks since they received my complaint, That was on the 15th January , They said we will be in touch very shortly its now another 11 days, They have provided me with the details of the correct ombudsman so obviously there is no one within Virgin who is capable of resolving a complaint. But thanks for your response.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

JitteryPinger
Super solver

It might take a few days but hang on here and someone from the team will help you out.

The Giggitty 1

How have you helped to tell me to hang on, I've been trying to get this resolved for 3 Months 16 Customer services representatives and emails , Even had a letter from Rachel Barras Customer Service Director, but still no phone calls, Still no resolution, Then they have the audacity to charge me for phoning Customer Services as it took over an hour, then send me an email saying they are increasing my bill by £ 4.00 a month, then say i have underpaid my bill which was a credit on the account. I think i have been fair, and patient. The service and the way they treat their customers long term customers i might add is a disgrace, if i ran my company like this i would be out of business.

Hey, look I'm a customer, we're all in the same boat, I got my resolution by hanging on here,

I understand its frustrating but would you rather nobody respond to you for days, or somebody acknowledge your public and being heard.

As for the customer service and the way the company operate, hell yes I'm sharing the same opinions and more.

The Giggitty 1

Hey Matt

It's great you have got a resolution, not sure what your issue was, but seriously I'm done, it's getting to the stage you can't even watch somethings on catch up now either. The customer service is atrocious , the follow up is unbelievable and to con your customers is not a good thing. So the only way is to take things to the ombudsman its the only way, At least they have to respond with in a period of time, I filled a complaint today have already had an email back saying it is being looked at and they will give me an update no later then 14th February. Well that is a company who are on the ball. Hopefully things will be resolved but not on Virgin Media's side. Will have to spend the next few days looking for another deal with a more reputable company. But good luck hope your happy staying with a company who offer bad service, bad customer service and are now looking like they are over priced. Best of luck.

Hope the Ombudsman comes through for you however might delay everything now as I don't think Virgin can touch the account once the ombudsman takes over, however I might be wrong, normally Ombudsman is involved when the ISP gives a deadlock letter.

I manage 8 internet connections, 7 used to be with Virgin but over the years due to issues like yours and then some I've moved a lot of them away where better offering was available, I currently have 3 accounts left with Virgin.

My resolution was having my contract terminated early without penalty because of issues with equipment and customer service issues, so that's another account being disconnected next month.

My other 2 account options are being reviewed by myself to see what best option is.

The Giggitty 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brendasuter 

I've moved your post to the "manage my account" section of the board where you're far more likely to get a staff response. You've alluded to issues with your TV picture - have you reported those separately? Or posted in the TV section of the board to get some help with that?

The complaints process is outlined on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint , with specific reference to section 4, "Independent adjudication":

"If we haven’t reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, or we confirm in writing before the 8 weeks are up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, we’ll let you know that you have the right to refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). This service is absolutely free of charge."

If you have an open complaint pending, then this can sometimes tie the hands of VM forum staff a little.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, brendasuter,

I'm going to send you a private message since this is about your account and a complaint.

Amazon vouchers are provided at the point of sale and if you have received yours then the next step to to use the code on Amazon's site to redeem the code. See more here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/reward-faqs-amazon-prime

Cheers,

Corey C

Corey

Point is they have never sent the Amazon code, Signed up in October  then after many complaints in December they sent me a code from Last year which had expired in March 2020

Having complained so many times over 16 in total please check my account. Now the Saga is just getting worse.

They have not responded at all, accept sending me a letter saying its been over 8 Weeks since they received my complaint, That was on the 15th January , They said we will be in touch very shortly its now another 11 days, They have provided me with the details of the correct ombudsman so obviously there is no one within Virgin who is capable of resolving a complaint. But thanks for your response.