cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised account package change

Bikerdave
On our wavelength

Hi all

I have been subject to an unauthorised online package change on my account that led to my package cost increasing for less package. Before I go through the whole saga can someone confirm that when a change is made to your package you receive an email confirming these changes?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Standard account security - i.e. password checks - should apply to package changes, with the added extra that third-party authority doesn't apply to this in the same way it applies to faults.

But yes - you should get an email confirmation within a couple of days of a new contract being agreed, and that contract is then available for checking on your myVM online account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bikerdave
On our wavelength

Hi Japitts

Thanks for reply. the short version is my package was changed online at a time that VM can see, but can see nothing else i'm told due to data protection. At the time of the change I can prove exactly where I was and what I was doing and changing my VM package was not it. I was told that because it was an online package change that was tough. It is only now that I thought about this. The change occurred on 16/11/21, the first I knew about it was my emailed bill last week, I have never received an email telling me of the changes on 16/11/21 un yet the change made to made my package last week after the discovery has been emailed to me to give me the 14 day cooling off period.

So: Can VM prove they sent the email on the 16/11/21? It leads me down a thought pattern of the Postmasters and the Horizon IT scandal. I currently can begin, only in a small way what a terrible feeling they must have and are still going through. The IT doesn't lie, the customer is wrong but in this case I know i'm not. 

All thoughts and views appreciated

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Coincidentally a recent unexplained package change is also mentioned here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Home-phone-charge/td-p/4890763

Good Morning @Bikerdave, I'd be happy to look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

VM customer service has reached a new low in total incompetence.  There is no customer service section I notice so I have continued in my original post. Incompetent first line, second line, lack of system training, lack of customer requirements, no reference notes despite what they say, incorrect billing, unauthorised account manipulation, lack of accountability, everyone elses fault.

I could go on. They must be using training tapes from the Comtel days but then thinking about it Comtel were probably better!

Regardless of continent being used VM are consistent bad.

Doesn't anyone at VM have any pride? Do you really believe you are doing a good job? If believe you are then please respond to this and tell me how and why, I look forward to hearing from you.

Believe in Better.I think I just might.

Above doesn't apply to David at VM, the only person so far who bucks the above.

Bikerdave
On our wavelength

Hi Rapssd

Can you tell me if you needed an engineers visit or did you self install? I am currently being given conflicting info and since you were in this situation it would be real good to hear first hand experience.

Many thanks

Dave

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bikerdave 

The thread you'd added to was quite old so I've moved it to a new one.

What's the conflicting advice you're being given?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rapssd
On our wavelength

Hey Dave,

I ended up getting an engineer to come round and set both V6 boxes up. On the phone, they insisted they send an engineer.

To be fair, getting the engineer to do this was far easier than me trying to follow the instructions. But, if push cane to shove, it wasn't a complicated process and I could have it myself.

Rapssd