cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised account package change

Bikerdave
On our wavelength

Hi all

I have been subject to an unauthorised online package change on my account that led to my package cost increasing for less package. Before I go through the whole saga can someone confirm that when a change is made to your package you receive an email confirming these changes?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Bikerdave
On our wavelength

Hi Rapssd

Really appreciate you replying. I have engineer booked so will make a cuppa and look on.😁

Cheers

Dave

Rapssd
On our wavelength

No worries at all mate. This is what I like about this forum, people always respond. God knows I've had to ask several questions in the past!

Enjoy the new box.

• Rapssd

Bikerdave
On our wavelength

Hi japitts

I am being told that I have to have an engineer to set up a V6 to replace a TIVO. I currently have one V6 and 1 TIVO. Both are fully wired etc etc. The TIVO will be replaced giving me 2 V6, not 360 i must add. I have also been told that VM tech support can activate over the phone, so that being the case and the fact I have 2 existing boxes it seems a complete waste of time and effort for an engineer to visit apart from the fact I also will have to take a day off☹️ I am trying to understand what he will do that I cant? I connect box, call customer services and done, isn't that all they will do except they have a hotline  to VM?

Cheers

Dave

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are sometimes issues with installs where 3 or more boxes are concerned, but I've not personally heard of issues with 2 boxes. As far as what a tech can do that customers can't, there's 2 obvious things - one is to install/amend cabling, the other is to make any necessary adjustments to your power levels. Two halves of the same coin, some might say.

Following that logic through, it's possible that VM have seen some issues with your levels that they deem as justifying a tech visit.. I've not heard of this happening frequently, but it's not impossible. It's also entirely true that VM are as keen as anyone to avoid unnecessary tech visits.

Have you been told the same thing by multiple CS agents? That would eliminate the possibility of one going "off-script" shall we say. If you have, then I can enquire via VIP channels as to whether anything else might be at-play here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bikerdave
On our wavelength

This is the advice from the VM person trying to help me via this forum on my package issue, I would pm if you wish to understand further on that, its not appropriate for this post. The 150 people I have spoken are the ones saying it can be done.

Cheers

Dave

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oh no, there's nothing I can say via PM that I won't say publicly on this board - I'm just a customer like yourself, albeit the VIP programme does give some extra privileges on here.

If you've been advised by the forum staff on here (I've merged your post to keep all the discussion in one place) that you need a tech visit, then there's very likely a valid reason for that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bikerdave
On our wavelength
My last post doesn't quite read correctly, I meant I would pm you to explain as David has used pm for all correspondence, I didn't want to put that into public post, hope that makes sense. I will be very interested talking to the tech and will feedback.
Cheers