cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised Contract Update

Grimby
Joining in

Hello,

In July 2021 I accepted a 12 month internet only package.

In October 2021 I placed an order for a virgin media stream.

As I am coming up to my 12 month period ( and i am moving as I am a student ) I have been checking my contracts, ready to cancel my services.

I however, found that when placing the order for the stream, my contract was updated in an unauthorised manor.

My internet minimum period was extended to 18 months and further to that, the contract start date was changed. This now means that my minimum peroid goes over 6 months after the accepted month.

I have tried calling support multiple times but seem to lose connection within the first minutes of calling.

I wish to have my services end on the original (agreed to) minimum peroid end date.

If anyone can help me that'd be amazing!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Grimby,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear that to you and the contract shouldn't have been changed in that way as Stream, shouldn't trigger a new contract.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Grimby,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear that to you and the contract shouldn't have been changed in that way as Stream, shouldn't trigger a new contract.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I am having the exact same issue and wondered if you can help?

The movers team over the chat don't seem to understand and keep trying to charge me £288 to cancel my contract, despite only having 1 month left on my original deal.

Thanks in advance.