cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to verify email address for my virgin media

electronicboy
Joining in

Hello!

Last year or so, somebody in my shared flat tried to register with my address, as such, I needed to create a new account with a different email address, I figured it probably wouldn't let me try, but, I used the same email address and took advantage of the +magic that google allows you to do, i.e. myemail+ac1 @ gmail  and it accepted it, but, since then I've been unable to validate the address

Whenever I click the verify message, I get a message stating that an error occurred, and ofc, can't create a new account because the unverifiable email address is linked to the account number; I'm currently not in a position where I can easily phone up (health and phone is kinda messed up), I was wondering if there was a way I could get this resolved, especially as I can't access any of the support tools online so it seems

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey electronicboy,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account creation, if somebody else has already registered an online account with your account number, you wont be able to create another online account, you would need to change the email address using the original account that has been created. 

Do you have access to the other account that had been created by one of your flat mates?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

electronicboy
Joining in

Hey, 

Sorry for the delay, i managed to get I’ll again;

I got a new account and account number as my old one needed to be closed, in doing so, it meant that I had to reregister for the online services, but my account hadn’t been purged yet, and so I used one of the gmail aliases to register, which let me create the web account, but, I can’t login to it as I can’t verify it as the verification email link just fails

cheers

Hi @electronicboy 👋.

Thanks for the update, hope you are feeling better?

When you get a few moments, check your envelope as we need to bring you in for a private message to get this sorted out for you. The envelope is located on the top right of your web browser, or if you are using a mobile device is will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina