cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade broadband via account.

Asciana
On our wavelength

I get this message when I try to upgrade my broadband

"

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online. Give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and we’ll be happy to help. "

I feel like this issue really needs looked at. I recognise that i'm on an old package (M70) but with everything moving so fast these days (for me personally if i'm not working, i'm caring for a disabled parent) we dont have time to be faffing about for ages on the phone. I even tried using the text service but I didnt even receive a response in over 3 days. Is there another way of doing an upgrade that doesnt involve taking up multiple hours of my time? In this age of technology I dont feel this should be happening any more.

39 REPLIES 39

Haha! More concerned as to whether I've managed to upgrade my services after a year than the issue at hand. Heaven forbid "The spice must flow!" 

Of course I managed to eventually upgrade. Its just the inconvenience of this problem. Yet it seems reflective of a larger 'cultural' problem at Virgin Media is all.

Regards

Sorry you read my message that way sam_soong.  As my question was referring to notifications.  I usually associate notifications with special offers, which usually increase a customer's service level without increasing the customer's cost.  I was wanting to see if I could help you.  I am glad you've resolved it and do not require me to look into this on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R

I am having the same problem and i have sent a text using the number you provided  0753 305 1809 and received no reply in 24hrs, my Bill has gone up over £20 a month and i was looking for a better deal but my upgrades and offers only gives and Oops error message and using the number you provided did not produce a reply so any help would be appreciated as i am unable to find another £240+ a year .

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Welcome to the forum @Cantona77 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting though to the required team. 

If you are unable to get though on the text messaging services, you would need to give our team a call on 0345 454 1111. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

So you can spend an hour In the queue and hoping you don’t get disconnect when they answer. 

Why am i not getting a response from the text team ? why give out that number in the first place if there is going to be no response ?. Time to look elsewhere for for the service i want .

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me, 

The text messaging services is not an instant messaging services. they will respond to you as soon as possible. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Thank you for the reply, i will give it another 24hrs as this will give me time to research other deals in my area, thank you.

Thanks for nothing, no response but not surprised at all.

We can certainly appreciate the frustration with this. When you initially messaged the service did you get the bot response?

^Martin