cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade broadband via account.

Asciana
On our wavelength

I get this message when I try to upgrade my broadband

"

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online. Give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and we’ll be happy to help. "

I feel like this issue really needs looked at. I recognise that i'm on an old package (M70) but with everything moving so fast these days (for me personally if i'm not working, i'm caring for a disabled parent) we dont have time to be faffing about for ages on the phone. I even tried using the text service but I didnt even receive a response in over 3 days. Is there another way of doing an upgrade that doesnt involve taking up multiple hours of my time? In this age of technology I dont feel this should be happening any more.

39 REPLIES 39

Hi SomeOldBloke,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having difficulty upgrading your services through your online account. It may be that you have a specific deal already in place.

If you would like to upgrade or discuss your package options please call our team on 0345 454 1111 and we will gladly take a look at what current offers and  deals are available to you.

Kind regards Jodi

Hi Jodi

I appreciate that you're trying to help but the thing is I don't want to listen to on hold-music whilst being told my call is important and I'm moving up a queue. Neither do I want to be bounced around between chat operatives who can only work to a script.

I want to use the option that is proudly displayed to me when I'm logged in to My Virgin Media - My upgrades and offers.

But I can't, because it's broken, it's broken for me and for many others (a quick Google search shows this error goes back years - try it).

The broken web interface is costing you money and your suggested workarounds are frustrating your customers.

You are a tech company. It's about time you started acting like a competent one.

Customer services have told me the reason for the error message online is because the site is down for maintenance and they have no idea when it will be fixed.  Does anyone know whether this is true or not? I am on a deal however when I was on my last deal it worked for me in regards to being able to order a tv package which I do not have.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dazzasky2001,

Is it  the Oops something went wrong message?

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. And is a little more frustrating than phoning.

If phoning it's best to call first thing on a morning, 8am, as it's less busy then.  Dial 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

utxlise
Joining in

Hello there im trying to get the free superhub 3 upgrade online and it keeps saying “opps” and i have tried calling and have been waiting for over an hour and a half, i have been using the super hub 1 since i started my contract with virgin media 2 years ago, my super hub 1 is so slow and when it is cut off unexpectidely (ie: my electricity runs out) it becomes even slower all and any devices in my house that are streaming or just browsing the internet start buffering for long periods of time and sometimes just shows on all devices that there is no internet connection, i have a lot of devices in my home and the superhub 1 just cannot keep up, is there anyway you could send a quick start superhub 3 via post, thanks in advance

Ross.

@SomeOldBloke wrote:

Hi Jodi

I appreciate that you're trying to help but the thing is I don't want to listen to on hold-music whilst being told my call is important and I'm moving up a queue. Neither do I want to be bounced around between chat operatives who can only work to a script.

I want to use the option that is proudly displayed to me when I'm logged in to My Virgin Media - My upgrades and offers.

But I can't, because it's broken, it's broken for me and for many others (a quick Google search shows this error goes back years - try it).

The broken web interface is costing you money and your suggested workarounds are frustrating your customers.

You are a tech company. It's about time you started acting like a competent one.

I couldn't have it written any better. In this day and age it's unforgivable that customers can't add/remove services online. I want to add Sky Sports, more review for VM but I can't do it online and I need to call an agent. I have been waiting for 25mins for someone to pick up. This is costing VM money and it's wasting my time. I can understand why you may not be able to make changes to a package that's under contract but people should be able to upgrade to higher tier packages (and be bound by new full length contract) or add additional channels. Why is it so difficult for companies to make systems that work and make it easy for customers to buy their products?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there CDturri, 

thanks for your post, since sky sports is a premium and requires 30 days notice to remove we would need for you to contact us to add this. We are extremely busy at this time and I hope you have managed to get through to an agent since your post.

Thanks,

Zoie

I think you missed the point of the post Zoe_P

sam_soong
Up to speed

I've been getting that message on the website and in the app for at least a year probably longer. 

Thought they'd have pulled their finger out by now tbh.

Hi sam_soong

I am sorry there are issues upgrading on the My Virgin Media Website.  I will certainly pass your feedback on.  Have you received notifications offering you an upgrade?

Regards

Lee_R