cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade broadband via account.

Asciana
On our wavelength

I get this message when I try to upgrade my broadband

"

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online. Give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and we’ll be happy to help. "

I feel like this issue really needs looked at. I recognise that i'm on an old package (M70) but with everything moving so fast these days (for me personally if i'm not working, i'm caring for a disabled parent) we dont have time to be faffing about for ages on the phone. I even tried using the text service but I didnt even receive a response in over 3 days. Is there another way of doing an upgrade that doesnt involve taking up multiple hours of my time? In this age of technology I dont feel this should be happening any more.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dean_C

Hello Asciana, 

Thanks for your message. 

I'm very sorry that you have been having some problems upgrading your broadband package through your online account. 

I appreciate that you live a busy life and may not have time to contact us on the phone so I have sent you a private message so we can assist you further. 

Regards, 

Dean C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

39 REPLIES 39

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is likely caused by your current deal with Virgin Media including a time-limited discount of some sort and the online system being unable to successfully deal with this situation.

The best way forward is to call as suggested.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dean_C

Hello Asciana, 

Thanks for your message. 

I'm very sorry that you have been having some problems upgrading your broadband package through your online account. 

I appreciate that you live a busy life and may not have time to contact us on the phone so I have sent you a private message so we can assist you further. 

Regards, 

Dean C

Ricky-S
Joining in

I'm having the exact same problems.  I also tried to use the App via my mobile.  Every now and then I get a reply asking are you still requiring Help.  Well of course or I wouldn't have asked in the first place.

My account will not allow me to upgrade online.

I have tried on numerous occasions to get help Via Online Chat.  Still Waiting!!!!

I understand things are chaotic with the current world situation all the more reason to sort Online Upgrades to allow customers to save flooding Web Chat for help.

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Ricky-S, 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for taking the time to get in touch 🙂

I am really sorry you're having trouble getting in touch with our team, we are extremely busy at the moment. If you haven't already you can drop our dedicated care team a text on 0753 305 1809, they will be able to assist you with your package change. 

Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R

I have the same problem. The call centre is engaged so I can't get through and the text service just keeps replying "Not able to understand your question" and directing me to your website which doesn't work. What is the best way to proceed from here? 

Hi I sent a message to the Text Service yesterday asking for upgrade and to check my options. I am also looking to purchase a Broadband Booster. 

I have not heard anything back since being told I was being transferred. 

I tried again today but received a message saying I was already in a chat and as such the message was deleted. 

I know you guys are inundated with customers queries however what can I do now to proceed?

So I too cannot upgrade my package via the web ...

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

I tried the online chat and got bounced between 3 different people before I simply gave up.

It is not acceptable to roll out excuses for this error being tied to accounts that have a 'special deal' in place. As far as I'm aware I have a standard broadband-only account.

What I want to do is to leave Sky and take up the VM Oomph bundle i.e. give VM more money! Why should this be so difficult to do online?  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SomeOldBloke

You could try  0800 052 2525. which I believe is the number for new customers wanting to subscribe to Virgin  

Or you should call  0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Not a new customer, a very frustrated existing one.