cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset my account password

Izthizu
Tuning in

Hiya, I'm a new customer and I'm happy with my package but I'm having trouble gaining access to my online account as I've been stuck in a loop of not being able to reset my password. I phoned yesterday and was told to wait 24 hours and try again but still no luck.

I've read similar threads with other folk having the very same issue.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Izthizu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your online account. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though this does need further investigation. 

I will private message you to get some information to do this. 

^Martin

Hiya Martin, any update on this issue as I'm still not able to register and therefore log into my online account to switch the child protection off, which is essentially all I want to do as I've set paperless billing up already.

Thanks

Hmmm, Martin_N who was gathering info about the registering issue myself and others are experiencing seems to have disappeared from my PMs!?

I've done the whole clearing cache, using different browsers, waiting 24 hours (6 times), phoning Tech support, trying both links to register etc yet here I am still trying to access my account to turn off web safe, that's all, simple!

On my very first attempt at registering, the system let me get as far as entering my surname, account number and area reference code. Then I was asked to create a password between 8-10 characters starting with a letter blah blah. My password came up as 'Strong' with a green tick yet at the same time said it was invalid. Tried different passwords, all of which came up with the same paradox. Somehow the system thought I had created an account even though my passwords were not recognised. This then threw up the DEF01 error and the 'Oops, something's broken' messages.

When I initially spoke to Tech support over the phone the issue was because the Engineer hadn't authorised my service, so I was advised to wait 24 hours. The day after it was apparently partly to do with the Engineer. Then after PMing Martin_N for a couple of days I was told my issue would be passed to an IT engineer to resolve and would be sorted if I waited another 24 hours, yet it never was.

Can anybody else help?

Thanks