cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register with MyVirginMedia

Philjeminson1
Joining in

it won’t let me register for a new account with the app. It just keeps saying “you cannot use this password, please try again”

but I have met all the requirements and it says password is strong. 
I have read that others have had the same issue but haven’t seen a fix yet. I have a gmail email address. 
can anyone help?

I’ve been with VM for 10 days 

many thanks. Phil. 

6 REPLIES 6

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to register for My Virgin Media, I appreciate that does found frustrating.

Can I just check that within the passwords you've tried, that there are no characters recurring 3 times consecutively? For example, 333? 

I'd also recommend clearing the cache and cookies on your browser, or trying a new browser to see if it is indeed an issue with the page on that browser causing the error, as it shouldn't be happening if you're meeting the criteria.

Let me know 🙂

Beth

Hi

ive tried to register on my iPhone iPad and home pc but each time it says “you can’t use that password. Please try another “

I’ve met all the requirements and no numbers or letters are repeated. 
can you help?

Hi @Philjeminson1,

Sorry to hear your password combination is not being accepted despite meeting the requirements.

I'm going to pop you a PM to confirm some details and we can try registering you manually. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your time via PM @Philjeminson1

I have replicated the issue you are having when trying to register your details manually this end and it's just not liking any password despite all the requirements being met. As such, I have raised an IT ticket so our team can look into why this could be happening. They usually take around 5-7 days to respond so as soon as I hear back from them, I will follow up with you.

Hope that is okay and appreciate your patience 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good Evening 

I am having the exact same issue 

I logged this with the call centre and the call handler took me through extensive baby steps and ensured I was using google chrome amongst other techniques I explained I had used

Chrome - Desktop

Edge - Desktop

Safari - Imac

Safari - Iphone

Chrome - IPhone 

etc etc 

And still no joy …

He said the call had been logged with IT and they will “either call or text” within 4/5 days it has been now 7 and I’ve had no response and no joy creating an online account.

was this able to be rectified? And how do I get it to work? 

Kind Regards

Danny

Hi Danny, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues setting up your online account.

I've checked from our side and can see this is with the IT department, it's currently being looked into.

You can check here for updates and we'll be happy to let you know.

Alex_Rm