cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register my virgin account

NinaDe
Joining in

Hi,

Tried register vm account but gets yellow warning box with message (The details you have entered are incorrect, please check and try again.)

Regards

Nina

21 REPLIES 21

I am at an early stage. I press register, submit my surname, account number and area ref and I get the message: 

We're sorry, but we're having a few technical problems and we can't set up your account at the moment.

So it's not even an email issue.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LunaticMuch,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂 and thank you for joining us as an Oomph! customer!

Sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with registering for My Virgin Media. As your issue is at a different stage, I am going to send you a private message now so that I can take a look into your account and check what is happening with this.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen.

Thanks,

Serena

Hello,

Yes I am trying to log in using a non-VM email account with no luck. I also tried my partner's email address which has a different suffix to mine and that didn't work either. 

I also tried to create a VM email account with the registration but that didnt work either.

Password attempted has a similar format to Abcde123 ie, only cap letters, letters, and numbers. And 8-10 chars long.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah okay, thanks for the details @tgedelaney

I am going to send you a private message now so that I can take a look at your account and investigate what the issue is. Please look out for the purple envelope on the right hand side of the page 🙂

Thanks,

Serena

Hi LunaticMuch, 

I had the same problem along it seems with many many others over quite a few years it seems, if you have just joined like me then i'd advise to cancel your account like I have within the 14 day cooling off period or you will be trapped in this never ending nightmare of not being able to even set up an account which to every other company in the world is the easiest thing on the internet to do but not for a big tech company like VM, they should be ashamed of themselves for not sorting this simple issue out & the moderators seem to treat each case as their the only ones that are having a problem but if you read not only this forum but many others online you would find that not to be the case. I cancelled my account last night & my DD this morning because they want to charge me nearly £40 for 4 days internet, now i'll sit back & watch just how fast they contact me about wanting payment & by how many different ways they do this cos you can't get any help from VM if you can't register in the first place. 

I only had broadband so I feel lucky I didn't take out a phone/TV package as well.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @grizzledbear

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Sorry to hear you have decided to cancel your services within your 14 day cooling off period, and that you have been so disappointed with our services. Apologies for the difficulties you encountered when trying to register for an online account. That is not the high standard of service we aim to provide at all and I understand it must be frustrating for you.

Regarding the problems customers are experiencing with registering for an online My Virgin Media account, I can confirm that this is a known issue and we are working hard to get this resolved asap.

I would advise against cancelling your Direct Debit. Cancelling payment will result in arrears on your account, which could potentially affect your credit score.

Thanks,

Serena

@Serena_C wrote:

Hi @grizzledbear

I would advise against cancelling your Direct Debit. Cancelling payment will result in arrears on your account, which could potentially affect your credit score.

I would advise instead to go straight to the Ombudsman and Ofcom and file an official complaint, particularly if the inability to register online is limiting your contractual services for which you pay every month.

Here some links:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Thank's for the links, I don't think I need them at the moment because I cancelled my contract & my direct debit, if they want paying they can send me a proper itemised bill as I was only connected for 5 days & they wanted £40. I was in the middle of discussing this via webchat when it hit 10pm & they quickly finished their shift, they said they would be in touch the day after but never said how they could do this & nothing happened anyway that's why I cancelled my DD, why do these companies think they can take what they want out of our accounts without proper billing.

It's funny that they have contacted me via landline, mobile text & email & yet don't recognise any of those when I'm trying to register an account with them, only yesterday I got 2 messages, 1 text, 1 email to say where they are sending the return pack for their router & the address was in Portsmouth when I live in Lancashire, where that came from god only knows, I've replied to both with the correct address but from what has happened up to now I can't see them processing that info properly either, never got a reply to say thanks it's been updated so I'll just have to wait & see if one arrives otherwise they will try & charge me for equipment probably.

Some moderators have now said there is a Known Issue with registering & they are trying hard to sort it out but from all the sources on the net you can read that this has been happening for years it seems so I doubt it will be sorted soon, it's a shame because their hardware/speeds seem to be great, I think if they could actually deal with customers personally when a problem occurs instead of having to use a forum like this using what can only be called go-betweens they really could be a top top provider & not have 80%+ 1 star reviews on trust pilot & as for the threat to my credit rating well I couldn't give a hoot it's a shame a company has to stoop so low as to threaten people with that instead of getting certain problems fixed & for you Mods out their just what exactly is the issue with being unable to register, an honest answer would be nice instead of the usual " We are having some issues".

Regards Grizzledbear.

I hear you. I have no problem with the service, but really the known issue is the worst excuse can be provided. I do not care of logging in for getting my pdf invoice, but without login I can't use TV app, which is part of my contract, so it's actually a contractual problem. They did not even offer any form of compensation or whatsoever, which makes me disappointed.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @grizzledbear

Thanks for your response and we are very sorry you feel this way with us. I can appreciate this is not ideal at all and we wouldn't want you to feel this way. 

As it stands with the "unable to register" issue, I can appreciate that you would want a direct answer with this, but this is something that our team are currently looking into and escalating as to the cause of this issue. 

I can appreciate this may not be the outcome you wanted and we are very sorry you wanted to leave us.

I am more than happy to run a final check on your account to ensure that everything is closed off correctly but please do let me know as I know you mentioned our agents never contacted you again, which we do apologise for. 

In regards to your return boxes, you can actually send this back yourself using this link or again I am more than happy to check this on your account. 

Please do let me know 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide