cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for online account

ModTeam

Hi,

We are aware of an issue whereby some customers are getting an error message when trying to create an online account.

Our support teams are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible and we apologise for the inconvenience this will be causing.

57 REPLIES 57

devason
Tuning in

Hey folks, have been speaking to an engineer today and was told that essential updates should be finished (enabling access to VM accounts) by Wednesday evening 26th June. Hope this info. is correct but please don't hold your breath as I don't want the responsibility of people passing out. 😉

Pubrats
On our wavelength

Any updates would be much appreciated 

Hi Pubrats. Please see my ealier post (post 21 in this thread). Hope this helps.

devason.

Delboy65
Joining in

New customer here. Thought 5 days was bad, so was shocked to see this has been going on for weeks.  Surely a director must take ownership of the problem 

20190624_124157.jpg

Screenshot_20190624-144018_Samsung Internet.jpg

Delboy65
Joining in

This issue is actually entering its third week now. I just spoke to somebody and they said something about servers crashing which is such a bad excuse you might as well not bother, and said it’s beginning to be fixed now... try again in another weeks time.

Wow...

BC19
Joining in

I am a new custem and have been trying to sign up to my Virgin Media account for a week.

Contacted Virgin twice the first time I was told there was a maintenance problem and it would be fixed in 24 hours, tried again after 24 hours still failed.  Phoned again spent 20 minutes on the phone, changed my password, again told it was a system problem and to try the next day.

Tried yet again changed password, retyped email umpteen times and after yet another week still can't log in.  As a new custom I have to say I am not impressed, any advice would be much appreciated.      

To add insult, I tried their text customer support service today and the ‘assistant’ wanted three letters from a password that I’ve been unable to set up. It took a while just to get through to him that I don’t even have one yet - thanks to their essential maintenance.

Not a good start to my time as a CM Customer.

same issue here. They tried to do it from their end on the phone and got the same result. Was told it would take 5 days. Still having same issue a week later.

Having the same issue but can install the app and log in. You can use router settings through IP log in.