cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for online account

ModTeam

Hi,

We are aware of an issue whereby some customers are getting an error message when trying to create an online account.

Our support teams are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible and we apologise for the inconvenience this will be causing.

57 REPLIES 57

Also having the same issue.  had the account since feb, registered fine. Moved house and moved services on sat, so this gives a new account number and therefore have to re register. Getting this essential maintenance message ever since and it is so frustrating.

Gurt8810
Joining in

I've signed up to a new package 2 weeks ago, installed today. I have been trying to register my online account every day since then, keep getting a page saying essential maintenance, when will this be fixed. 

Louis_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gurt8810,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for your post. Our apologies, we have no current updates in relation to the fix time.

Our apologies for any inconvenience,

Louis

So apparently it's taking you guys weeks to solve this issue!?  Virgin Media, one of the biggest companies in the world, whose web dev department must be substantial, can't even resolve an issue stopping new customers creating accounts.  One of the fundamental steps in the customer journey, absolutely crucial in how the service is perceived for new clients.  Seriously how bad can it be?  Has your datacenter blown up?  Because that's the excuse you're going to need to explain this shambles. 

Just, wow.  It honestly doesn't get more amateur than this.  Embarrassing. 

Hi

I new to Virgin with broadband/phone installed this morning.

I’m unable to register to myVirgin Media.

Also not happy with the Virgin contractor which installed the cable with any covering from the road to the side of the house.

If this is not fixed with immediately.

thank you 

tjs91
Tuning in

Hi

Also just joined Virgin Media and cannot register an account. Looks like this has been an on-going issue for months?

Hi

Just being on the phone with Virgin faults team after 40 mins of holding and speak with their adviser, I’m still not able to access the myvirgin account online.

The adviser told me that I should get an email with a link to activate the account but still nothing received.

I will call them again tomorrow.

I’m not impressed.

deantracey
Joining in

Hi 

i cannot setup my online account using the app. All it says is it’s under maintenance but it has been like this now for 3 weeks. I am a new customer who wants to get started with my online account. 

Can any one help 

So i have joined Virgin Media a little over a week ago and I have been activated since Thursday.

I still cannot register, means I cannot us Virgin Media WiFi or control my Virigin Media settings

The most annoying thing is their reluctance to provide any information regarding the potential duration of the problem. It would be helpful to others if they could say whether they aim to solve the problem in days, weeks or months. It is weird logic to say that we are doing some essential work to improve service by simply switch off the existing service to start with. It seems that there is no effort in providing any workaround and expecting everybody to wait patiently in the dark.

Very frustrated.