cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for online account

ModTeam

Hi,

We are aware of an issue whereby some customers are getting an error message when trying to create an online account.

Our support teams are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible and we apologise for the inconvenience this will be causing.

57 REPLIES 57

daleirvine12
Tuning in

Any Update on when this will be fixed?

Hi daleirvine12.

Sorry to see that you have been impacted by this issue.

Can I please confirm, is it registering for an online account that you are having problems with or logging in to your account?

We have a separate issue ongoing at the moment affecting logging into online accounts from certain email domains which is listed here - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/My-Virgin-Media-App/Logging-in-to-My-Virgin-Media/td-p/4008585.

Regarding the issue registering for online accounts, we thought this issue had now been fixed and are just in the process of running some final checks to confirm that this is the case. If your issue is affecting registering for an online account, could you please advise what error message you are seeing so we can look into this?

Thanks,

Dave_DW

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Dave,

This is the error I receive when clicking "Register Now"

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 17.33.23.png

OK thanks daleirvine12

I will get this fed back as this is the same page we were seeing last week and over the weekend when trying to register.

Thanks,

Dave_DW

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Niblix
Tuning in

Well over a week now and still not fixed - what is happening??? I'm due to have my installation on Saturday and can't access any information - I keep getting emails telling me I should register when you know I can't! VERY POOR SERVICE - considering cancelling contract if this is the standard I'm going to expect

RKE2019
Joining in

I joined VM last week, and still can't register.

Same issue as daleirvine12

Come on guys, get this sorted ?

Capture.PNG

ibrooks
Joining in

Don't think anyone should be holding their breath - I've been having an issue since November. Yeah-yeah I'm a lazy so and so for not extracting a digit sooner.

I'd phone but my telephone stopped working. I think if I have to resort to phoning the 0345 number from my mobile I'll just be asking for cancellations.

Dave, any update on this at all. I keep getting email reminders to sign up for my bills etc and it's starting to annoy me because I can't.

If its gonna take this long to sort out a simple registration form, how long does it take if my internet goes off etc. Not really the best service and I'm still within my 14 days cancellation

Same thing happening here. Joined two weeks ago and keep trying to register, only to get the dreaded: “We're doing some essential work on our systems.”

Not a good start... 😞