cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media

rkm1
Joining in

Hi,

I've registered for broadband, and this has been installed and working fine since October. Since then I've been trying to register for a My Virgin Media account, but have been getting blocked at the final step.

The process I've been following is:

Register for My Virgin Media -> input last name, account number, area reference -> Create username, password, and security question -> select Web Safe settings -> then I get a page saying "We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

I've tried this multiple times since October but always get the same result.

Interestingly I do get an email confirming my Web Safe settings, but no details on my account.

Any advice?

19 REPLIES 19

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rkm1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having account registration issues. This sounds like it needs to be raised with our IT team so thanks for letting us know the error message you're getting. 

I'll send you a PM now to sort this out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I seem to have the same issue, i have raised this issue with the customer service team on the phone to no avail. They said they will get back to me with an email weeks ago to help resolve the issue. It is very frustrating as i have to wait a very long time to just get through to them, which I have done a few times. The issue is exactly the same as this:

Register for My Virgin Media -> input last name, account number, area reference -> Create username, password, and security question -> select Web Safe settings -> then I get a page saying "We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

Hi Amarbirk92, 

Very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble setting up your account, I can appreciate your frustration. 

We are aware of an issue in which it's not letting customers register, we're working hard to resolve this. 

In the meantime you can try from another device and browser to see if that helps or if it's still an issue we can see if we can register it fr you. 

Let us know how you're getting on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma_C,

I have tried may times from different devices and browsers, with no success. I get the same error message. It is frustrating as i cant access my accout online, and also losing out on some mobile services (sky sports on mobile) because i dont have an account.

I have attatched the screenshot of the same error message that keeps coming up. Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 19.29.22.png

Thanks. 

I'll pop you a personal message now and see if we can set it up from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi, I have replied to the personal message a couple days ago. Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in replying, I'll be in touch shortly 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hello,

Did you manage to find a solution to this?

I have been having the same problem ever since I  switched to Virgin and it’s driving me mad! I’ve spent hours on the phone to support / live chat and not gotten anywhere...

Hi Stokko,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear that you've also been experiencing the same problem when trying to register your My Virgin Media account.

I'll send you over a PM now so I can help out from there.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth