cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hay there @dwallace1

Cheers so much for your Private Message there - I have raised the IT ticket as I suspected we would need; once I have any update I'll be sure to let you know. 

Please feel free to pop back here if you need anything in the meantime. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Huge thank you to Katie_WT for resolving my issue. Luckily in my case a simple clearing of old account details has resolved it and I was able to register with my original non-virgin media email account. 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Huzzah! 

Chuffed to bits that it all worked for you @dwallace1 - glad I was able to help and get things sorted this side of the festive period 🙂 

Have a great Christmas - you know where we are if we can help with anything else.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie

Having the same issue- try to register (the broadband etc has been installed for a few months now), enter the account number and area code, select register and the page doesn't take me anywhere. Please cna you assist?

Many thanks

Holly

i just signed up to thank you for this as it worked. 4 months later and this has still not been rectified for new customers.  It is insane and a rubbish start to my new service.  Not a good sign

Seabass94
Joining in

Hi,

I think I am having the same issue as everyone else here. New virgin media customer and it is a little frustrating that I cannot register my account, and it appears this issue has been ongoing for a very long time.

On the registration screen, I enter my surname, account number, and area code and when I click register it just loops me back to the same screen.

Can someone please advise what the fix is? Reading a few comments it seems a lot of people are having this issue and I can't find a clear fix. 

Thanks.

Hi I found that if you use a password with no more than 10 characters.  First one must be a letter and it should then include numbers also but not special characters.   If you use a password manager you must not copy and paste the password in, it must be manually typed.   This is the info I gleaned from posts here yesterday and it worked for me.  The fact that a major communications organisation cannot see fit to communicate this basic info on the page is beyond belief and it seems to have been this way for over a year at least.

please help i have the same problem  and also I cannot self install my broadband box as there is no virgin media socket

UKCustomer
Joining in

Can someone PM me to help me register my account.

A warm welcome to our Community Forum UKCustomer and sorry to hear you're unable to register for your online account. Can I ask what you have tried and on which page/step the error is showing/stopping you?

For example, have you checked the details you've put in and made sure that the password follows our guideline?

Please tell us more so we can help with your specific issue.

Thanks,

Lisa