cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

I am also having the same problem...

"Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband"

I have tried 4 times, once with my gmail account, which was used when I was a VM customer 18 months ago, and 3 times with new VM emails, which are now saying are unavailable.

Please can someone help me out? I am being reminded very quickly as to why I left VM the last time, and if it wasn't for the fact I aren't allowed a Satellite dish in my new place, then I wouldn't be getting VM installed here. I am loosing the will to live all down to Virgin Media.

Feel your pain Wesley...57 days now i have been trying. Customer service have no idea how to help, IT support just raise a ticket then close it without fixing it (i am now on my 8th) Cancellations said they'd try to push IT and I heard nothing more back from them, Twitter said they'd follow up my IT support tickets if i gave them the numbers then refused when i gave them the numbers. I have also sent 100+ text messages and been on this forum for a fortnight which has achieved precisely f*** a** too.  I gave my 28 days notice halfway thru November for a contract that only started 30th September this year. I did this because i have no confidence the problem will be fixed by the time this cancellation date comes. 15 days to go and i'm even more confident now there is no hope of this ever being solved as we are in a pretty big club of unhappy people.

I reiterate i have no TV set as such being unable to register for My Virgin Media means i cannot watch anything - this is why i refuse to pay the £240 early cancellation fee they claim they will slap on me for leaving. I will also be making a claim for all i have paid today for a service i cannot use.  I have made it categorically clear this is unacceptable and that i cannot be charged for cancelling a contract they have continually broken and are unable to supply since day one. I would have cancelled in the 14 days cooling off period had i been aware the incompetence could possibly drag on this long.

Am amazed Mr Branson is prepared to put his name to this shambles. God he hot air ballooned into space, i only want to watch a few programs and see my bills/manage my account!

Lost will to live...........

60 days passed now, still no change, still no solution, still no unprompted feedback from anyone on this 2 month old fault.........thank God for Sky!

Hi Fyshdawg, 

I am sorry you're having this issue as well, can I ask what error message you're getting or is it just stuck in a loop like the original post?

Megan_L

Hi rare to get an error message, just put name, account number, and area code in and check 'I'm not a robot' and click register and nothing happens. I do recall getting an 'oops message' when doing it on the iPad app a couple months back, and if i recall correctly one error message telling me the details i entered were invalid (when they weren't), have almost given up now having explained the same issue so many times to so many people......

how can these things go unsolved for 2 months? why do the IT tickets get closed without a solution thus forcing me to report the same issue over and over. The only replies i have had on this subject from Virgin are telling me to try registering again, something they are able to check (yet don't) before asking me to try, and fail again......

it really is very poor and must be awful for the Virgin employees who are just unable to do anything other than follow a procedure that simply doesn't ever reach a conclusion (other than losing a customer).

61 days today, same issue, no solution - i really can do no more.

F

Hi Fyshdawg, 

I am so sorry that you're at the end of your tether now, I will try to help as much as possible, I just need to send you a PM in order to figure out a plan of action. 

I'll send you one now so just look for the purple envelope. 

We'll try to get this sorted, I'll try my very best! 

Speak soon. 

Megan_L

So update as follows 3 days later, 2nd line it support call me and tell them my problem is fixed (again) and ask me to try register again. I said I’m not in a position to right now but why don’t you try? The person then confirms it doesn’t work. That’s the 4th time this same thing has happened. It’s fixed sir, no it isn’t........quite remarkable. Now another 5 days needed to fix it apparently, 63 wasn’t enough it seems!. That will be 68 days in total and then it won’t be fixed either!!!! Cancellation happens on 11th Dec..... over and out from me. What a shower....... truly awful customer service. Should be ashamed. 

3-4 weeks since I posted here, still no access, still unable to see my bills, still no one here who has been able to resolve the issue. big joke 

Afternoon. Returning customer here who is also unable to register.

I had an account registered two years ago and I don't recall struggling to register back then. I can no longer register with that email account and have the same issue as an earlier poster, comes up as a registered email address but password reset does not work.

Tried with a gmail address, also no joy. Note the password I I used came up with 'strong'. I am getting through the process, selecting my websafe/virus settings, receiving an email that my setting are confirmed, but when clicking to the next page:

"Sorry!

We are not able to set up your Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later blah blah blah"

Support - is this something you can resolve? I have no urge to lose hours of my life going through the phone support option...

Cheers, Dan

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @dwallace1

Welcome to our forums and thanks so much for popping along to our Community - please to have you back in our Virgin Media family too; sorry that you seem to be having some issues registering your new account with us though. 

This should be a nice simple fix - sounds like your email address is still linked with the old account so we may need to get a quick IT ticket booked to get that sorted out for you. 

I've located your account from your forum information so will pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and get things sorted out for you. 

Just look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team