cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Oh no! I am sorry for that @SudBrodie.

I will send you a private message now to see if I can resolve this for you, please look out for a purple envelope at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SudBroodie,

Thanks for chatting with me, after I checked everything, I noticed you are a business account. We are unable to help unfortunately from this platform.

Please use our contact us page, to see the best way to call the business side. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Hayley_S,

I chatted with the business team and they said I have a residential account and directed me to speak with the residential team. I have a Volt residential account and want to register it with Virgin media. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SudBroodie,

I am sorry but we can no longer chat privately, you need to use the contact us link I have provided.

As you have a business account, please use this to get in touch with our business agents. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SudBrodie,

When you are trying to register, you would need to set a new password, the one you gave over the phone would be for the security for when you contact us only. If it still is not working it could be because you are not fully installed yet.

The system does have you as a business account, but it seems to be because of a confusion with the services.

I am sorry for that.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

I used a different email address which has fixed the issue

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SudBrodie,

Thank you for the update, I am glad that this is now fixed for you.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

jacky22
Joining in

Same here. Please help.

Hi jacky22,

Thanks for posting - what error messages are you getting when trying to create an online account please? Have you tried other browsers/clearing cache/cookies?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I'm having the same issue when attempting to register for My Virgin Media.

I reveive the following error message when attempting to set a password, "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

I have tried multiple different password, 8-10 characters in length only alpha numpheric but to no avail. I have also tried clearing my cashe and tried on different browsers.

Would appreciate if someone can get back to me to sort this.

Thanks.