cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Hi  - I don't appear to have received a private message.

Mitch4
On our wavelength

Tried for about four weeks to set up account and have tried different browsers with cache cleared. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dvisor, sorry about that - I will message you now.

@Mitch4, are you able to expand on the issue that occurs when you try registering? Do you receive an error message / does the site freeze?

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Mitch4
On our wavelength

Hi Molly

i get this message

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.'

I have tried various different email addresses. I have previously had a virgin media account a couple of years ago and it uses the same email as when I signed back up to Virgin. I do get the changes to web safe email but just cannot create an account. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mitch4,

Thanks for confirming all that. I will happily look into this for you to hopefully get this sorted - please look out for the purple envelope for my private message so I can just get a couple of details from you.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey @dvisor,

Sorry for the delay, I've now sent over the private message, please look out for it and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Mitch4

Thanks for joining us on PM - Just to update the thread, the online account has been sorted 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I am also unable to register my Virgin Media Account since it says that the password cannot be used despite all of the requirements for the password being satisfied. Please direct message me to help me set up my virgin media account.

Thanks,

Sud

Hi @SudBrodie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some issues setting a password up for your online account. If all requirements are being met but it's still not accepting it can you try clearing your cache and cookies to see if that helps at all?

If it doesn't, can you also try from a different browser and device?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R,

I have tried all that you suggested and have tried using different passwords but each time it still tells me to use a different password despite all the requirements being fulfilled.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks