cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Hi - Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried registering with different emails, but get the same problem. I'm using different details for registering the new account - i.e. different account number and different email address. However, I notice that my original 9 digit account number is identical to my new 9 digit account number apart from the very last digit. Original account number was XXXXXXXX2,new account number is XXXXXXXX3.

Thanks for confirming that for me 🙂

I'm going to pop you over a private message so  can get a few more details from you to  help.

Alex_Rm

Hi

I'm having the exact same problem as so many others here. Can't create an account with a new email, can't log into the account I had when I was last with virgin 3 years ago. Going round, and round, and round in circles. 

Getting the same error messages as the other in this thread.

Hi GaryJB, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us. 

I'm really sorry to hear you are having an issue with this. We can certainly have a look at this for you but we will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

drnlds
Tuning in

Hello, tried the various suggestions on here and keep receiving the error message "we are not able to set up your VM account at the moment" or "username is not available".

I've contacted online chat and also called technical support who suggested using a different browser, trying another email address, creating a VM email address, etc. (none of which resolved the issue)

I have been placed on a call list for further support but I get the impression from this thread that any further calls from support will not help. Any advice or assistance from the VM community with this would be much appreciated.

Don't hold your breath. I've had absolutely no response to my ticket since it was opened in March. Certainly not the way to retain customers when the contract comes up for renewal.

ah thanks, been really surprised by this initial account issue, you generally expect poor support from companies like VM but this is a huge problem based on the replies in this thread alone

Just spent 30 mins on the phone to be told that "we'll look into it and it'll possibly... maybe be resolved by the back office in about 5-7 days".

Hi drnlds, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having trying to register for My Virgin Media. 

I'm happy to look in to this for you. It's possible we may need to get an IT Ticket raised up so I have sent you a private message to go through data protection and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi drnlds, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm everything is sorted for you now. 

I'd like to say thanks for the positive comments too 🙂 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let me know. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team