cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Thanks for replying, Macster_UK,

Unfortunately not as IT isn't customer facing, their sole function is to build systems and repair issues. So all their comms are internal. However I'll send you a PM to confirm your account details and see what's occurring with the registration.

Cheers,

Corey C

SophieOfNotts
Joining in

I’m now having this issue... I had registered for a my Virgin media account and logged in previously. About two weeks later, it says that my account no longer works?? I’ve tried re-registering (as I was told to do by customer service) with a Virgin media email but it still says that it can’t register an account. 

The password is marked as strong, not copying and pasting anything in. No idea why it’s not working. 

My internet speed is currently about 7mbps if I’m lucky (despite being on the M200 plan) and I can’t sign in to do any diagnostic tests or book an engineer. 🙃

Thanks for coming through to us SophieOfNotts, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your self-care account

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

In regards to the broadband, I've looked at the stats of the hub and everything appears to be within spec, with no timeouts showing.

Have you attempted a Pin Hole Reset on the hub? This will return the hub to its factory settings but can help customers resolve their broadband issues.

Kindest regards,

David_BN

Hi,

I'm having the same issues as everyone above with registering for an account. I've tried different browsers, email addresses, passwords etc. Broadband was installed a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks,

Joe 

Hi jxemorgan,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues registering for an online account.

Can you confirm what error message you're getting when trying?

Alex_Rm

Hi,

It got to the final step and then said we cannot set up your account at this time. However, when I now try and log-in, it says that the email is not registered. When I go to sign-up again, it says the email is taken. This has happened when I have tried with different email accounts and even a virginmedia email address.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear your still having issues, with your setting up of a new online account, I have had a look at things our end and can see there still isn't a profile set up, I will be more than happy to help you and if unable raise a I T ticket.

If you still require help I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Joe,

You are very welcome, I will let you know as soon as the team come back to me.

Regards

Paul.

karllaw88
Joining in

Hello i am having trouble signing up to my account i get the unable to set up new account at this time.

would love help getting this resolved thank you 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi karllaw88, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having this problem - are you able to try this from a different web browser and let me know what happens? 

Cheers.