Menu
Highlighted
afdoughty
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register account

I have tried to register my account but it says my email is in use. I have tried to reset my password (which I haven't set yet) and it says my email isn't registered.

On another screen it says my email account exists but because I don't have a virgin email it can't be used. When I try to set up another email to use it won't accept it with my account saying another email is attache to it.

When I phone for support it asks for a password which hasn't been set yet.

When I have, after a long long long wait, spoken to a human, they say their department can't help and they will let the right department know .... Nothing has changed after a few call and a few weeks.

In summary, there is no way of me creating or logging in to my account or getting VM to fix it.

Perhaps VM could find the right person and they could call me?

Hours wasted on a simple task

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer login

Hello afdoughty

Have you been a customer with us before potentially with said email address?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
afdoughty
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

Yes, a couple of years ago. We moved to a street that doesn't have VM and are now moving back to the same street we had VM with.

Along the way I did get an error saying that the system had found my email but it couldn't be used and it directed me to a page that asked for my Surname, account and area code. It then offered me a page to re-register and set a password. This page failed with and error. I tried it again using a second email address, which also failed saying the account was registered to another email (presumably the one I wanted in the first place).

I have explored lots of online avenues to register my email and set a password to the account, but I suspect there is something that needs to be reset at the back end of you systems. That's what your phone guys thought, but nothing has happened and I can't bear spending another 30 mins just to get through to a call centre that has already told me they can't fix it and will let the right department know ....

Help really appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

PS - if it makes any difference my VM package is broadband only but came with a free VM mobile sim card (which I will need online access too as well)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK, thanks for that, I am going to send you a private message to look into this and get this sorted out Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe_F

afdoughty
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sorting it out for me Joe!
0 Kudos
SJL87
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

Please can you send me a private message also - this sounds exactly like the issue I am having.

Many thanks

0 Kudos