cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login: "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

jbal90
Tuning in

Please help me to create an account with Virgin Media. I'm facing the error below when I try to create a password which meets all of the password criteria you ask for. Note: Not my real password (since I can't even set one)

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 07.42.27.pngScreenshot 2022-10-01 at 07.42.35.png

7 REPLIES 7

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jbal90, thanks for reaching back out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to see this issue occur with the My Virgin Media password.
I will assist you in getting this resolved.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

I still can't login. This has been weeks now and today was supposed to be my internet installation date.

The engineer hasn't turned up, so I have no account to log into, no internet and an overall terrible experience with Virgin Media so far. 

Why can't I do simple things like log in? Why must I was SO LONG to get my router installed? It's a joke. 

I received an email yesterday saying "Your Delayed Activation (KMM98279787V65354L0KM)", which didn't say that my installation had been delayed or not. Nor did it propose a new installation date either. It's a terribly ambiguous email with no options, actions or info for me, the customer. 

Sort it out please!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Jbal90, thanks for your posts and replies.
Sorry for all the issues faced with registering online and this confusion, based on what you advised above the issue is you're not technically with us yet as your services have not activated.
You'd be able to sign up for an online account once your services have been installed, as this is a requirement so to create one with VM.

Once your broadband is up and running, you'll receive an email from us to advise that you may register for a MyVM account.
Please, let us know once we've confirmed a new install date for you as you will receive this either via SMS or email.

You may also speak to our pre-installs team at 0345 454 1111, options 2-3-1 so they can advise on a new date and the reason for this delay if you wish, have you received any communication in regard to the reason we had to reschedule this?

In case you need more help in the meantime, let us know and we're happy to advise.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I called. That number isn't pre-installs. The menu options are not as you say.  Why is every step of this process so painful? Just get one thing right please! 

How can you mistake a process issue with a bug? 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused,

Just to touch base on the original thread query, does any of the emails tried have any special characters in it? As that can cause registration issues.

Also have you tried multiple emails to see if they can be registered?

Regarding the delayed installation, has our team advised a reason for the delay yet?

Let us know,

Kain

Internet has finally been installed. Still can't create an account. Here's what I've tried.
- The email I've registered with
- An alternate email
- Many different passwords which meet the criteria
- Waited before and after internet installation to try all of the above.
- Literally everything else under the sun. Fix this for me now!

It shouldn't be this hard.
JUST LET ME LOG IN SO I CAN MANAGE MY ACCOUNT. It's obviously a technical problem I can't reslove myself.
IT HAS BEEN MONTHS!!!!

Morning jbal90

Thanks for coming back to the thread. From the system check it shows you already have sorted this but I will PM you now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill