Menu
cobwebcog
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log in to my account

On entering my e-mail and password, it says: "You've entered the wrong username or password"

OK, so I click on "Forgotten your password?" and enter my e-mail, and it says: "Unable to find your username"

OK, I don't know how this can be wrong since I receive e-mail from Virgin on this address, but I click on "Forgotten your username?" and enter my account details, and it says: "Oops, something's broken"

At this point I can't do anything more.

0 Kudos
efm1
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log in to my account

This exact thing has happened to me and no resolution so far ;

I did Live chat and the person didnt know what to do and suggested i phoned

I phoned and spoke to someone who didnt know what to do - laughably they said i Would have to get in touch with my internet provider !! you couldnt make it up !!

I have now sent 10 complaints - no-one has bothered to reply.

Customer service is clearly terrible but as you say, its impossible to do anything. I f i try and set up a new login , it says my username is in use, yet if thats the case it would let me  change the password ( which i know is right) but it doesnt. So yes, just left in limbo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having problems logging into your account cobwebcog.

I would need to take some more details from you via a private message and I can look into your account to see what the issue is. I will send over a private message in a moment, please respond to that and I can look into your account further.

Thanks

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Gordon8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also had the same problem , and tried everything to reset my password. Fortunately I got help from a VM forum member, and they reset my password.  Using this password,  I was able to access my account.  Not sure what caused the problem,  but I have now saved the new password in a password manager. Hopefully this will not occur again. 

0 Kudos
efm1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lucky you ! I have still had no contact with anyone and the situation remains unresolved.

0 Kudos
efm1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I wouldnt mind so much but i only want to access my account to see what TV options are available as I received notification that my basic TV package was increasing by 16.5% ! Yes, 16.5%

0 Kudos
cobwebcog
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A Virgin Media representative responded by PM but was unable to resolve the issue. I even tried to re-register using a different e-mail address, but that did not work either. I guess their system is completely borked and no amount of support people are going to fix that.

0 Kudos