cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to My Virgin Media

bob_a_job
Tuning in

Very frustrated here, I am unable to login to My Virgin Media account page.

I click the "Forgot password" button where I have to input my Date of Birth and Mother's Maiden Name, which I do.

I then click the purple "Continue" button and get the swirly Virgin logo animation and then NOTHING happens.  I then click "Having trouble? Please contact us and one of the team will help reset your password." which is NONSENSE because there is NO-ONE there and all the options are complete nonsense and irrelevant when your site doesn't even work.

PLEASE can someone help me get into my account so I can reset my password and manage my account?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi bob_a_job, thanks for the message. I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further for you. ^Chris 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

bob_a_job
Tuning in

I will say I have tried Chrome and Edge web browsers and have disabled Ad-blocker as well thinking that might help but it still doesn't work.

Just tried IOS 15 Safari, same issue.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @bob_a_job,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your online account.

Have you had any previous accounts with us? Have you cleared cookies and cache on all your devices that you are trying this on? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Hayley, thank you for replying.

It has always been the same account, although I did once change the email address associated with it.

I think somehow the Virgin system might confused as I changed my login email address to @virginmedia.com (from the @gmail.com) address I was using for years.  So;

1) @virginmedia.com  - set up  and used with Virgin technician when I set up my broadband etc on the day

2) I changed it to @gmail.com  from within the account page and used this for years until one day within the last 6 months or so...

3) ...I decided to change it back to @virginmedia.com and I think maybe its something to do with this changing back to the original account email name that has somehow messed it up.

I can provide my Account number and Area reference and anything else if it makes it easier to get this seemingly unique issue fixed?

Hi bob_a_job, thanks for the message. I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further for you. ^Chris 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bob_a_job, thanks for messaging us privately and I am glad that this is now resolved. Please let us know if you need anything and have a good day. ^Chris