cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact Virgin Media

JAMESB_99
Joining in

Been trying to contact for the past two weeks to discuss moving home. It's now reached the point where I wish to cancel, yet I am unable to, given the impossible task of contacting Virgin Media. This should task should surely be possible using the website. Virgin seem to deliberately require contacting them. This simple task should not requires hours of my life spent on hold either by useless bot, or phone. 

Do I really have to resort to making contact by phone or by post to cancel a service I signed up for online? There is no technical to excuse that explains their inability to provide an online method of cancelling. Thus, I can only assume that this a deliberate anti-competitive policy reflecting their anti-consumer business practices. 

If a member of staff reads this and can that would be much appreciated and will save me contacting CISAS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You can cancel by donkey post (use recorded delivery, address on this page), but also complain to Ofcom, and do it today.  They won't get involved in your complaint, but they monitor VM's performance on complaints and service standards, and by complaining you're helping add to the evidence that will hopefully result in a proper regulatory investigation, since difficulty cancelling is a repeated complaint round here (along with failure to properly process a cancellation request).  I'd suggest you comment in the Ofcom complaint that this fiasco around the supposedly simple business of closing an account is a particularly serious breach of Ofcom General Condition C1.8, which requires that cancelling a contract is quick, simple and easy.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You can cancel by donkey post (use recorded delivery, address on this page), but also complain to Ofcom, and do it today.  They won't get involved in your complaint, but they monitor VM's performance on complaints and service standards, and by complaining you're helping add to the evidence that will hopefully result in a proper regulatory investigation, since difficulty cancelling is a repeated complaint round here (along with failure to properly process a cancellation request).  I'd suggest you comment in the Ofcom complaint that this fiasco around the supposedly simple business of closing an account is a particularly serious breach of Ofcom General Condition C1.8, which requires that cancelling a contract is quick, simple and easy.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JAMESB_99,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you haven't been able to tell us you are moving house.

You can text Moving to +44753 305 1809, a member of the team will aim to respond within 24 hours.

You can find all the relevant information around moving on the above link, if you need any further help or information please reach back out and we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Paul.

please can i have right virgin media team or person thats not the ones you get through by dialing 150 off landline, but  contact details that able to give me answers, understand my issues and give me the help and time instead making me feel im customer from hell because i asked them to help with more then 1 question or complait before they forward me to someone else that will help but dont so now this  is my last chance to having success in finding right vm help, contact number or email that will help and  solve issues,give right answers and assissance or resolve different area as a customers. i.e my account, billing, account and texts regular saying make a payment. payment missed ,vm monthly bill is high enough never mind constant late fees that wrong and no help to solve it just excuss, the  late payment fees and charges are being added alot even though i pay every month (bank statements to prove  last 12 months ) and i can go back to 2018 if need to as thats when i move over to virgin from talk talk . example this month i paid 31 july but account billing is saying not had julys payment. also im out contract so times ive tried to get package that help me lower monthly payment i get told deals that more in cost but  get more and  better witch no good, my broadbands quiet high speed but good when feels like it, i need new package deal but seems vm seem to not look after there customer of many years but just about great offers for new customers so if you could be give me details for team that i can contact to finally help before i just stop paying and theyll get same treatment and  communication i got, no answer or help

Hi queeny148,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues with being advised your Bill is late even though you believe this isn't the case, 

So I can try to help and look into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

LodgeCafe
On our wavelength

Do VM actually monitor these channels or are they here to simply make their customers feel as though they care whilst we **bleep** about the atrocious service as they empty our pockets...?

Thanks for the reply @LodgeCafe

The forums are monitored and they are responded to.
I can see you are in a private chat with one of my colleagues, they will respond shortly.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

**bleep** ?

The word I used related to a female dog, which is perfectly acceptable in the English language as a way of describing something in a critical manner.

So, to correct the earlier message so that it does not suggest I was swearing, I will rephrase:

Do VM actually monitor these channels or are they here to simply make their customers feel as though they care, whilst we describe their atrocious service in a critical manner, as they empty our pockets...?

Hello LodgeCafe.

We do monitor the feeds on here.

It is not an instant messaging service and the agent that is dealing with this will be in touch as soon as they can.

Gareth_L