Menu
Lindajoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to contact ANYONE at virgin

Please can someone tell me how to speak to someone at Virgin about an order that has gone missing  - the new telephone service is a maze that cuts you off if you don't fit a category and the chat lines are always busy and the e mails bounce back - its driving my crazy, all i want to do is speak to a human or is that an ask too many - even the board here doesn't allow me to post with out choosing a category and there isnt one for what i want to ask !!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to contact ANYONE at virgin

This is the right place for customer service enquiries, but the Forum cannot deal with individual account issues. Tell us what this is all about (briefly and without disclosing personal information) and we will advise next steps.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Lindajoy
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I ordered a wi fi extender that has not arrived, when I checked my order file on my account it said there were no outstanding orders to track - yet I have had an e mail confirming the order ( that I was unable to answer as it bounced back )  please do not say just ring the numbers you offer as i leads you into a maze of options none of which work for this query   thank you 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did you get a tracking number with your order? Be curious to see what's happened with it there.

Generally with complex queries that don't quite fit the sections, we advise speaking to UK cancellations as they don't read from scripts and deal with a lot more than just cancellations. If you want to speak with them it's option 1 - 4 - 5 'thinking of leaving us'. If you explain the situation to them they should be able to help.

Don't be put off by their name.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Lindajoy
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Order ref: WS4382903

what do you mean speak to cancellations? where has just plain old customer service gone?  or maybe I will cancel if i get so frustrated ~Ill just loose it 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Plain old customer services on the phones invariably is the offshore call centre, who read scripts and struggle with anything off the script. They are known to make stuff up too.

UK cancellations, they are not script readers, they do a HUGE amount more than just cancellations, that's just the department name. If you want people who can help you in a hurry, they are those people. Alternatively you can wait around a week for the forum team to reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindajoy

Thanks for taking the time to pop by with your post about the powerline adaptor.

My apologies that you had an issue with the initial order.

I can see that our teams logged this issue for you and re raised the request for you and that this was processed a few days back for you. You normally receive these within about 5 working days.

Keep us posted when this arrives.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
madyd
Settling in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I received a message that my new Sim card should have arrived. It has not.

When I tried calling to find out what to do their phone would not recognise

any of my entries. I retried and retried and retried. No response.

So I went to their online site but was unable to log in. This I tried more than

half a dozen times, using the correct password/user name. After each 2 rejections

clicked the button to have them email link to password/user name. No link arrived.

I also tried the chat line but it wasn't working. Other than using the post to send them a 

letter which they said they would try to respond to in 28! days there is no other contact method given.

I am abroad so cannot just go to a Virgin store. Their initial message said I would lose

phone service if I don't install the new Sim card and I don't know what to do. I their any

reason they don't have an email address?

not working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi madyd,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your SIM order and for the time it's taken to respond to your post. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

Apologies that we do not have a contact email address, as you can get in touch with us online via this Forum, Facebook and Twitter. Also, our online chat is only available for our cable services, not mobile. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

If you would like for me to look into this for you, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos